Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I’d rather shower with my dad than talk any more about this weird eyebrowed enigma of a player
Yeah, but what about if your Dad says “Son, step in and lather up with me for a minute or two. Let’s talk about Jake DeBrusk.”?

Be kinda rude to say no. No?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, but what about if your Dad says “Son, step in and lather up with me for a minute or two. Let’s talk about Jake DeBrusk.”?

Be kinda rude to say no. No?
2582E3DF-390D-4922-9E92-60BBBD727733.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
FWIW-

Ty Anderson on the hockey show today said he thinks Jake hits the open market. As others have alluded to here, to Ty feels like a Krug situation and it’s uncharacteristic for the Bs to allow their player to go this long unsigned.

If you follow Ty you also know he’s in the camp of keeping JDB for the right number of course. Thinks he’s worth the money he’s going to get (to a point) rather than someone else on the market getting a similar number.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I agree with what has been stated elsewhere. I think theres options on the table from the Bruins for Debrusks camp to consider. I think the back and forth part of the negotiations from the Bruins side is over.

He can pick one or move on. It doesn't feel as though Sweeney and Co. want to budge on any of the options they presented.

Reactions: Over the volcano

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
FWIW-

Ty Anderson on the hockey show today said he thinks Jake hits the open market. As others have alluded to here, to Ty feels like a Krug situation and it’s uncharacteristic for the Bs to allow their player to go this long unsigned.

If you follow Ty you also know he’s in the camp of keeping JDB for the right number of course. Thinks he’s worth the money he’s going to get (to a point) rather than someone else on the market getting a similar number.

didn't pasta sign in the 11th hour?

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I am still hopeful that DeBrusk and the Bruins can find some common ground and come to an agreement.
I know some posters here are critical of Debrusk's inconsistent play . However he provides so many things that they are lacking and if he is not resigned it creates a big void in the roster

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Hate to disappoint some of you, but there is still some dialogue between the two sides.

Hate to disappoint the rest that weren't originally disappointed, but I'm not hopeful.

Who knows how this shit plays out though?

If you had to guess, is Debrusk asking for too much or is Boston offering too little?

Think it’s term or AAV holding it up? Or both?

Reactions: HustleB

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If you had to guess, is Debrusk asking for too much or is Boston offering too little?

Think it’s term or AAV holding it up? Or both?

I believe its all the above. It sounds like there is no middle ground by what both sides have said to date. I am told that Evan Gold is handling the latest round of dialogue. That's all we need, lawyer versus lawyer.

Last edited:

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Hate to disappoint some of you, but there is still some dialogue between the two sides.

Hate to disappoint the rest that weren't originally disappointed, but I'm not hopeful.

I guess at this point I am happy if there is any dialogue . Really hope they find a common ground. Feel Debrusk is player the Bruins need to keep. he checks a lot boxes . loosing him creates another major void in the forward group. A group that still has holes That need to be filled with DeBrusk in the line up

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

Yeah this was my sense only based on what was visible.

Debrusk has had a mixed time being a Bruin. The stress on him has been high compared to his peers. And hey much of that was earned.

Nevertheless if you can get paid a bunch of money to come back to Canada or to another great city, I think in his camp you take it. It's a business. Of all the offseasons to be a UFA, this was the one. He's gotta take advantage.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
this all seems like a stalemate that ends with him leaving. there's at least 1 team that will give him the
number and/or term he wants. and when he leaves, they'll just have 1 less guy with speed that can score goals.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
this all seems like a stalemate that ends with him leaving. there's at least 1 team that will give him the
number and/or term he wants. and when he leaves, they'll just have 1 less guy with speed that can score goals.

Well let's decide that once we spend the 6-8M he's looking for.

Btw if it's Jake at 7M or Reinhart at 10.5? lol I know where I'm going. Just for arguments sake

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Well let's decide that once we spend the 6-8M he's looking for.

Btw if it's Jake at 7M or Reinhart at 10.5? lol I know where I'm going. Just for arguments sake
absolutely - i wouldn't give him more than 6 on a shorter term deal, maybe 4 years. ideally he's
in the 5-5.5 range, but he earned the right to test the market, and the market will treat him well
because he's young, fast and can score goals. so i'll be surprised if he is back.

Reactions: HustleB and Ladyfan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I won't miss Jake.

A goal scorer who just put up a 19-goal season in 80 games. Only 140 players scored more.

A player who has great speed that rarely uses it.

He's made himself into an average defensive forward, when interested.

Seems like a good guy. Should go for the money & some place where he will be more comfortable.

He will still remain a source of bitter debate here no matter where he goes or how he plays.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I won't miss Jake.

A goal scorer who just put up a 19-goal season in 80 games. Only 140 players scored more.

Seems like a good guy. Should go for the money & some place where he will be more comfortable.

He will still remain a source of bitter debate here no matter where he goes or how he plays.

It certainly seems like the majority of us here are in line with the FO, which is an uncommon thing at best lol. He's fine to keep at the right price and term, and that price and term seems not to be floating Jake's Bruin boat.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I won't miss Jake.

well said and agreed

Reactions: Alicat

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Devils got 28/24/52 out of Timo Meier for a hair under 9M.

For context

Zacha 21/38/59
Freddy 18/22/40
Heinen 17/19/36

So yeah you really have to be careful here caving to the ask of some of these guys. It can bite you.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
It certainly seems like the majority of us here are in line with the FO, which is an uncommon thing at best lol. He's fine to keep at the right price and term, and that price and term seems not to be floating Jake's Bruin boat.
Let's see what happens . Debrusk's skill set is certainly something this team needs. Unless they sign another player for less with similar skills? loosing DeBrusk creates a big void in the forward group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad