Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As have I. I think this is a case of the B's have a hard number in mind and common ground hasn't been found. I do think both sides are trying to use the media as leverage so we will see what happens in the next month or so. My gut says he'll get overpaid elsewhere.
5 at 6 M seems damn near perfect

He doesn’t seem like he gives two shits about money (I mean that as a compliment) but he’s got an agent and parents will weigh in

If it’s Edmonton I’d rather visit if I have other options

SLC per NBA guys is super boring

Seattle’s a very interesting place

Honestly Arizona would have appealed big time to me

I’d probably stay here at 5/30 if they really want me

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
5 at 6 M seems damn near perfect

He doesn’t seem like he gives two shits about money (I mean that as a compliment) but he’s got an agent and parents will weigh in

If it’s Edmonton I’d rather visit if I have other options

SLC per NBA guys is super boring

Seattle’s a very interesting place

Honestly Arizona would have appealed big time to me

I’d probably stay here at 5/30 if they really want me
He needs to find another team.

Who knows who is honest with this. Likely still a negotiating tactic by both sides here.

It wouldn't be the first time with Bruins management.

All I know is Debrusk out means yet again another top 6 gap to fill on a roster already short 1-3 top 6 forwards. Short at least one nearly Sweeney's entire tenure.
I want them to spend that kind of money on a player who is consistent and doesn't wilt whenever things aren't perfect for him. It is time for the Bruins to move on from him.

Reactions: lopey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i like JDB and they need his speed and goals. but wouldn't pay him 6-7M on a long term deal.
with the extra money added to the cap, and teams desperate for offense, he'll probably do
better on the market than in boston.
I’m not comfortable with any non star/superstar over 5 years

I don’t give him 6 years

He’s worth $5.5-6 M to me and I follow this very closely because we have a salary cap in SIM and I’m constantly looking at it

Real simple to me using guys like Coyle & Zacha those second tier but valuable players

5/30 max

He wants 6 years no can do
He wants $6.5 M no can do

Sweeney was telling him we want you but

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I’m not comfortable with any non star/superstar over 5 years

I don’t give him 6 years

He’s worth $5.5-6 M to me and I follow this very closely because we have a salary cap in SIM and I’m constantly looking at it

Real simple to me using guys like Coyle & Zacha those second tier but valuable players

5/30 max

He wants 6 years no can do
He wants $6.5 M no can do

Sweeney was telling him we want you but
He is a over thinker. Let him go

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
There's absolutely no rush for him to sign at this point because it's not like the Bruins are going to run out of cap space even weeks after free agency starts. If he decides he wants to be back here he can make that decision on August 1st most likely. But that's exactly why I don't expect him to be back here because I think he's going to get a big offer from some team that also has cap space, something crazy like 7 years for 54 million.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
He needs to find another team.

I want them to spend that kind of money on a player who is consistent and doesn't wilt whenever things aren't perfect for him. It is time for the Bruins to move on from him.
Ala Marcus Smart..

His time is up

(And I actually like him)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He is a over thinker. Let him go
There are good vibe people and bad vibe people - Jake’s a good vibe person

If he wants more then 5 years gotta say good bye though

Same.

If Jake gets paid over that and more consistent play will be expected.

I get sick of all of the drama around this player.
Hearing 5.8 M so yeeeeeeehawwwww

Jake needs to be where his heart is and he’s loved

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If I was this player really simple

1. Do I like the team & city
2. Has to be 5 years minimum
3. Has to $6 M per
4. NMC 4 years last 16

He’s a upbeat guy I want those guys

I’ve done my research on this guy with people who are friends with players mostly recent past but important current

He is well liked - really well liked

He’s a good vibe guy I was told - going to use this from now on

For those worried he’s got issues, distraction- nope

I personally feel relieved I can shift my concern about Jake to myself - I’ve been in a funk and I can now get out of the house and go for a walk in the nice weather

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Jakes will probably again be a 40-45 point player next year. Not sure you need to go long term and a relatively high cap # for that production. No great center in the forecast for him to really play aside either

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I think DeBrusk stays the more I think about this
Yep. His best offer will be from Boston. IMO, his agent will be in for a rude awakening when they don't get what they hope. I don't think he's viewed very highly throughout the league, given the mediocre trade offers that were allegedly made for him the last 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad