Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
There was plenty of effort, Jake has a seriously inflated view of his market value
Okay. May I ask what is a seriously inflated view of his market value and how do we know this. I appreciate the info you have provided . I just really question if DS has made a solid effort to retain him. We will know some time after July 1st

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
So the implication ^^^ is that he was lying about having a broken hand... or exaggerating it as an excuse to not try as hard as he can during the regular season?

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
So the implication ^^^ is that he was lying about having a broken hand... or exaggerating it as an excuse to not try as hard as he can during the regular season?
Okay, I'll bite ... when was his hand broken? And was it still broken March 5th? Or did he get new legs or take a different supplement? I'm just trying to figure out why one game stands out against all the rest.

That said, at the right price (5 or less) I would welcome Jake back. He has rounded out his game with defensive responsible play and should be good for 15+ goals a year.
I don't expect him to be a difference maker but I do expect him to be a solid team player up and down the line up.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If DeBrusk goes Bert gotta be back
Is that a possibility?

Bert seemed to have some good chemistry with Pasta.

I am not sure if we will ever know, but it appears to me that management has made zero effort to re-sign DeBrusk ??. A team that clearly lacks the forwards necessary to win a cup ? Not trying to re-sign one of there top forwards leaves me with a lot of questions ?????
Don just said (when asked about Jake)..."Well it is a 2 way street". Makes you wonder ...

Reactions: bme44

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Don't blame management.

Ask Torey Krug . I am not saying this is incorrect . I simply do not know. I have a friend who dealt with DS when he was in Providence . He said Sweeney was a stand up guy . Just hate to watch DeBrusk walk, think he is a forward that could help the team going forward at the an appropriate cap hit. I just fell the media sometimes spins the angle that works for them more so than getting all the facts. I sometimes feel management and the media are in bed together

Is that a possibility?

Don just said (when asked about Jake)..."Well it is a 2 way street". Makes you wonder ...
Thanks makes you wonder for sure

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ask Torey Krug . I am not saying this is incorrect . I simply do not know. I have a friend who dealt with DS when he was in Providence . He said Sweeney was a stand up guy . Just hate to watch DeBrusk walk, think he is a forward that could help the team going forward at the an appropriate cap hit. I just fell the media sometimes spins the angle that works for them more so than getting all the facts. I sometimes feel management and the media are in bed together

Thanks makes you wonder for sure
I have heard that Don S is a stand up guy too.

Maybe Jake's agent is looking for too much$$$?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is that a possibility?

I have no idea

Seems like he’s gone

Lot of people around league and nhl network like him more then Bruins

I’m Jake I’m out of here

I’d go to Seattle, Utah, Edmonton, or even Toronto over Boston

Bertuzzi probably takes 2-3 years and he fits Bruins type better

Reactions: Mad-Marcus and SPV

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have heard that Don S is a stand up guy too.

Maybe Jake's agent is looking for too much$$$?
As have I. I think this is a case of the B's have a hard number in mind and common ground hasn't been found. I do think both sides are trying to use the media as leverage so we will see what happens in the next month or so. My gut says he'll get overpaid elsewhere.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
As have I. I think this is a case of the B's have a hard number in mind and common ground hasn't been found. I do think both sides are trying to use the media as leverage so we will see what happens in the next month or so. My gut says he'll get overpaid elsewhere.
I think many of the free agents will get overpaid this year ,especially if Utah spends to the Cap they have a boatload of space,and think something like 14 teams with $20 million or more.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think a better statement is other teams may value DeBrusk higher than the Bruins do. If it is an overpayment or an under payment has to be determined at a later date. Personally I hope the Bruins are valuing DeBrusk correctly.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk & Sweeney seem open about staying however DeBrusk likely will get a better offer

Sweeney logically would see DeBrusk along the lines of Coyle & Zacha

Coyle at 26 got a 6 year deal on 11/27/2019 for $31.5 M - kicks in when he’s 27

So DeBrusk should be offered 5 years and 6 yrs later up from Coyle $5.25 to 6 M

5 yrs max and $5.5-6 M

5/30 seems logical based on Sweeney deal with Coyle

DeBrusk gotta think is above in 1 or both components

Last edited:

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
the trades available in the off-season are always better value than the UFA market.

Panthers traded a round 1 pick for Sam Reinhart in summer 2021.
Blues traded a round 2 pick for Pavel Buchnevich.
Blackhawks traded scraps for Taylor Hall.

Would prefer bruins make their move soon rather than "evaluate" and wait for inflated deadline prices.

Reactions: DoubleBack

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Don't blame management.

Who knows who is honest with this. Likely still a negotiating tactic by both sides here.

It wouldn't be the first time with Bruins management.

All I know is Debrusk out means yet again another top 6 gap to fill on a roster already short 1-3 top 6 forwards. Short at least one nearly Sweeney's entire tenure.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad