Votes: 2 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 94.1%

• Total voters

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
For a first round pick.

He's shown to be really good for the Devils. If you put him on a good team he'll actually perform. We'll give him to you, for a price. Goaltending has been a struggle and the Avs have considered Blackwood and Gibson who simply are not as good as Allen.

Do you accept?
what is wrong with you? there is zero logical sense behind this thread.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The amount of desperation folks assume the Avs have right now far exceeds the actual chance they are going to do something big soon.

"OMG 4 games in the Avs are sCreWed! jAkE ALLen 0.50 GAA and 0.974 SV%!!!!"

They literally just gave their first start of the year to somebody other than Georgiev and Kahkonen just started to practice with the team. They will spend time evaluating the three goalies on their team before spending a 1st on 34 year-old with an 0.898 SV% the last 3+ seasons.

Allen is a quality backup at this point. He's nobody's answer as a starter for a contender. We have depth options already.

Reactions: malcb33

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
No chance anyone including Colorado would pay a 1st for Allen. Also why would NJ want another draft pick when they're trying to make the playoffs?

Reactions: rahad

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Your conclusions that the Avs desperately need goaltending and that Jake Allen is worth a first round pick are both based on small sample sizes.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
NJ shouldn't be moving Allen until they are sure Markstrom isn't a dud. Avs goalies are not good but Allen isn't going to be the answer.

some people really out here thinking Allen has more value than Ullmark
He would have if he was capable of handling a starters load.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
For years goaltending was undervalued by GMs. Similar to smaller players last decade. The era of going cheap in net is over. Avs will be a wildcard team at best if they don't address it. That said, a 1st is too much for Allen.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I love Jake Snake...but holy heavens this escalated quickly way beyond what i'd be comfortable with.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
NJ shouldn't be moving Allen until they are sure Markstrom isn't a dud. Avs goalies are not good but Allen isn't going to be the answer.

He would have if he was capable of handling a starters load.
For a 1st round pick, I'll move Jake Allen if Kahkonen is also received in return.

Kak was good in NJ and happy for him to backup Markstrom.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
give kahkonen a chance, a lot of people are sleeping on him. once you go kahk, you never go back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad