Proposal: Jake Allen (MTL) for Cody Ceci (EDM)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Edmonton can just take a goalie first overall when they finish below the Habs in the standings.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton has little defensive awareness on the right hand. Ceci takes their toughest minutes.

Say what you want but he just does not give the puck away (1 giveaway 7 games), does 2/3 defensive zone starts and is their top pairing PKer. And despite all that, he is better than the Bouch/Nurse/Ekholm/Kulak for OIGA, generally by a huge margin.

Top to bottom, he is, by far, their best defensive D man, a cheap contract, and playing a position they are already weak in. So he's not likely to be traded unless it is a real compelling offer.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Allen is not going anywhere unless the Habs start loosing bad and they go for the Tank.
If that's the case that means Allen been sucking and he's not worth anything at that point.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Not bad but Ceci ain't a need, we have waaaay too much young players right now ready to take a spot in the NHL already next year

Is Montembeault more interesting for you guys? If so, what would be ready to pay for him?

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
We can give you Allen with retention for middling picks I assume... doubt management would do it though.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Edmonton wouldn’t
Neither would the Habs. Barron is likely going to be similar to Bouchard.

We can give you Allen with retention for middling picks I assume... doubt management would do it though.
Not a chance. HuGo is not interested in middling picks and the the last retention spot will be to aquirea 1st or equivalent. Allen does not need to be moved.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bouchard is the single cause of many goals against. He’s a very good offensive dman and an absolute travesty defensively. And that’s being kind.
Erik Karlsson feels his pain.......lol

Seems too early in the season for the Oilers to panic yet........or any team for that matter.
They are expected to do big things this year. but don't think Holland acts just yet.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Neither would the Habs. Barron is likely going to be similar to Bouchard.

Not a chance. HuGo is not interested in middling picks and the the last retention spot will be to aquirea 1st or equivalent. Allen does not need to be moved.
By middling pick, I was thinking 2nd + 3rd or 2nd + 4th, but you might not be wrong.
I just feel like the only player with the potential to return a first at the tdl would be Monahan (if healthy) and he wouldn't really require retention since his cap hit is already super low.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Habs D is in a much better position than Edmonton, Allen’s is available but I can’t really see what MTL would want add more D man in the mix… MTL looking for FW prospect or picks.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
The only reason Montreal does something like this is for solid futures that help the rebuild in the long run. These aren't being offered here, so no point in making a deal...

Reactions: viceroy

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Naw but I would do Allen + Barron or Kovacevic for Bouchard

Not for that defensive train wreck. Just because he has a French Canadian last name means we'll bite. Also I'd rather trade Barron than Kovacevic. A solid bottom pairing RD is always a need.

Honestly how on earth does Bouchard have 8 points in 7 games and he is still a -8

Because he sucks balls. I'd heard the Oil were garbage water so I thought I'd watch a game or two. Bouchard was horrendous, excellent offensively, defensively? I've seen better in PeeWee.

Not really. Edmonton has been pretty bad to start this year.

No. We suck more! No really, it'd kill me seeing EDM, CHI or BUF drafting ahead of us. Or OTT.

They have Reinbacher, Mailloux and Hutson all coming and are already playing like 4 sophomores. Their 'vets' are Kovacevic and Matheson.

Kovacevic is in his sophomore season too. He was a rookie last season. Savard when healthy was our other vet.

You do realize that Allen's contract has another year after this? That would mean that that would take up a retention for 2 years. Also he has a 7 team M-NTC. Good chance EDM's on it.

Between the 3, they'd have around 11million in salary tied up. Doesn't seem ideal

Ha! Any idea how much the Habs've got tied up? Lots.

I wouldn’t give up a first for Allen at 100% retained.

We need Ceci a hell of a lot more than we need a third mediocre goalie.

So between Ceci and Allen you think our goalie's the mediocre hockey player? You guys' D-corps is in a bad way.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad