Jake Allen is Leading the League in GAA...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Utah is not carrying over the Coyotes history. It's a new franchise, is it not? Winnipeg wasn't considered a new franchise when moving from Atlanta. The franchise was sold and re-located by the new owners. Utah’s owner did not buy the Coyotes. The Coyotes just ceased operations. The owner of the Utah Hockey Club just acquired the players, draft picks, and staff of Arizona. It's technically an expansion franchise

Utah is a new franchise, the owners bought the roster and staff only. They didn't buy the team history,

Here is a quote from when it was announced.
Arizona Coyotes Chairman & Governor Alex Meruelo. “But this is not the end for NHL hockey in Arizona. I have negotiated the right to reactivate the team within the next five years, and have retained ownership of the beloved Coyotes name, brand and logo."

This is the first time this kind of clause has been in the sale of a team, every other time they've also bought the rights to everything.

Allen is the only goalie to beat 33 different NHL franchises. Not 33 NHL teams, there is a difference.

Yes, I understand the rhetoric, hence why I kept referencing that they're pretending Utah is a new franchise. My argument would be that that is a ridiculous thing to try and assert and they are clearly the same franchise.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
What a ridiculous post after 2 games. If you want to play that game, Helle has a better save percentage so his numbers are better and he's played 50% more games than Allen.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Yes, I understand the rhetoric, hence why I kept referencing that they're pretending Utah is a new franchise. My argument would be that that is a ridiculous thing to try and assert and they are clearly the same franchise.
If you understood, you'd understand.

They are a different franchise, this isn't rhetoric, this is a fact.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If you understood, you'd understand.

They are a different franchise, this isn't rhetoric, this is a fact.

There's a guy in Arizona with a 1972 Ford Pinto. It has over 400,000 km on the speedometer (car is originally from winnipeg). The guy is sinking tonnes of money into it every year and can't find a local buyer, so he takes it to Utah, puts on a Utah license plate and a new steering wheel cover. Is this now a brand new fresh off the line 2024 vehicle?

Gary also said fans don't want any sort of capfriendly tool on nhl.com because his billionaire owners didn't want fans to know contract specifics.

Gary also said fans loved the digital board ads that glitched players out of existence because his billionaire owners liked the extra ad revenue.

Now Gary is pretending Utah is a brand new franchise because one of his billionaire owners wants a shiny new toy, not a scuffed up old toy. It's hilarious to see people bend over backwards to pretend that this franchise relocation is somehow different from all the others. That Utah is brand new and Arizona is just on pause until some new sucker can buy afford to buy the prestige that is history of the Arizona Coyotes.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
There's a guy in Arizona with a 1972 Ford Pinto. It has over 400,000 km on the speedometer (car is originally from winnipeg). The guy is sinking tonnes of money into it every year and can't find a local buyer, so he takes it to Utah, puts on a Utah license plate and a new steering wheel cover. Is this now a brand new fresh off the line 2024 vehicle?

Gary also said fans don't want any sort of capfriendly tool on nhl.com because his billionaire owners didn't want fans to know contract specifics.

Gary also said fans loved the digital board ads that glitched players out of existence because his billionaire owners liked the extra ad revenue.

Now Gary is pretending Utah is a brand new franchise because one of his billionaire owners wants a shiny new toy, not a scuffed up old toy. It's hilarious to see people bend over backwards to pretend that this franchise relocation is somehow different from all the others. That Utah is brand new and Arizona is just on pause until some new sucker can buy afford to buy the prestige that is history of the Arizona Coyotes.
Can they name them the Utah Coyotes?

For arguments sake, lets say there is a bakery in Edmonton called Joe's Bakery they're struggling to make ends meet so you buy all their equipment and their staff but not the Joe's Bakery name. You then move them all to Calgary. When you open up are you Joe's Bakery? Or are you a different bakery?

Utah has no rights to the Coyote name or likeness, with every other relocation that hasn't been the case. You won't see any throwback nights wearing Coyote jerseys like you do with the Hurricanes wearing the Whalers uniforms. Or the Devils making 3rd jerseys using the Colorado Rockies colors.

Last edited:

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Can we like... Wait at least a month or so before we flood the forums with these threads. These numbers could be drastically different in a few games let alone a few months...

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Again, if we pretend that Utah is a new franchise and double count them and arizona. If Atlanta and Winnipeg were counted separately like that then MAF would have beaten 33 different teams once he beat Seattle (probably other guys too).
of course its one Hab's fan that wants to rain on the parade. Can't celebrate and be happy for the guy that played on your team for awhile?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
of course its one Hab's fan that wants to rain on the parade. Can't celebrate and be happy for the guy that played on your team for awhile?

Allen is the reason we made the playoffs the year we went to the finals (started more games than injured price) and is a great guy. Also, the better he does this season and the more he starts the more likely the pick we receive gets upgraded.

Doesn't mean I have to pretend the hockey clubs aren't just the relocated Coyotes.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Can they name them the Utah Coyotes?

For arguments sake, lets say there is a bakery in Edmonton called Joe's Bakery they're struggling to make ends meet so you buy all their equipment and their staff but not the Joe's Bakery name. You then move them all to Calgary. When you open up are you Joe's Bakery? Or are you a different bakery?

Utah has no rights to the Coyote name or likeness, with every other relocation that hasn't been the case. You won't see any throwback nights wearing Coyote jerseys like you do with the Hurricanes wearing the Whalers uniforms. Or the Devils making 3rd jerseys using the Colorado Rockies colors.

Yes, they would be the same bakery with a new name and location. If you were a regular patron there in edmonton and were visiting Calgary, would you have certain expectations for what they would be selling, or would you have no idea what to expect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad