Jake Allen is Leading the League in GAA...

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I think this year
You're right

The Montreal Canadiens have traded veteran goaltender Jake Allen to the New Jersey Devils for a conditional third-round pick in 2025, Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reported Friday. The pick will become a second-round selection if Allen plays 40 games in the 2024-25 season.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I am calling for a complete shutdown on all “leading the league” threads until after game 20 of the season

Reactions: Mandar

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Jake has always been a solid tendy. Hope his success continues as he seems like a genuinely good dude.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Again, if we pretend that Utah is a new franchise and double count them and arizona. If Atlanta and Winnipeg were counted separately like that then MAF would have beaten 33 different teams once he beat Seattle (probably other guys too).

Utah is not carrying over the Coyotes history. It's a new franchise, is it not? Winnipeg wasn't considered a new franchise when moving from Atlanta. The franchise was sold and re-located by the new owners. Utah’s owner did not buy the Coyotes. The Coyotes just ceased operations. The owner of the Utah Hockey Club just acquired the players, draft picks, and staff of Arizona. It's technically an expansion franchise

Last edited:

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Again, if we pretend that Utah is a new franchise and double count them and arizona. If Atlanta and Winnipeg were counted separately like that then MAF would have beaten 33 different teams once he beat Seattle (probably other guys too).
Utah is a new franchise, the owners bought the roster and staff only. They didn't buy the team history,

Here is a quote from when it was announced.
Arizona Coyotes Chairman & Governor Alex Meruelo. “But this is not the end for NHL hockey in Arizona. I have negotiated the right to reactivate the team within the next five years, and have retained ownership of the beloved Coyotes name, brand and logo."

This is the first time this kind of clause has been in the sale of a team, every other time they've also bought the rights to everything.

Allen is the only goalie to beat 33 different NHL franchises. Not 33 NHL teams, there is a difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad