Jake Allen Appreciation thread.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Classy professional who knew he was going to eat goals against in order to provide cover for the Habs prospect pool. Now Monty has arrived, and Allen is no longer needed. Godspeed.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I appretian you, Jake. Wish him the best in NJ. I would’ve preferred we keep him but a 3rd is good value. I hope Fowler comes through for us.
Not sure what Fowler has to do with Allen given that he won't be here until Allen's contract is up but anyhow this probably isn't an appropriate thread for such debate.

Like others have said, Allen set everything up for our 2021 run to the final, provided stability when our goalie situation was a huge question mark after Price's knee blew up, and was a great team guy who will undoubtedly be missed in the room. Good luck in NJ!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Seems like a great guy and he's well liked by the team. We don't have the Finals run without him given that he was our starter that year.
Allen played a key role in helping the team make the playoffs in 2021 while half our roster (including Price) was injured. If we'd gone with another cheap backup (*cough... Tokarski, Condon, Scrivens) the Habs would've missed that great SCF run.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sure can't say anything bad about him as a pro and a person, he did everything he was told to do and had zero bad attitude about it. A few really good performances here and there too, almost never with a lot of support from his team. Good luck in New Jersey Jake :thumbu:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Jake Allen impressed with him last night. Picking out a lot of points early. First time I heard him talk. All the commentators HNIC has had over the last 50 years never seen that before. To pick it up that early he must have exceptional hockey smarts. Probably should hung onto this guy. Make great coach or GM someday. Trade Monty instead got a major asset.

I remember Blues GM was on Inside Hockey during the Bubble he said Allen was big part of their cup win. He could pick weaknesses out in goalies. No doubt he was part of Habs '21 run to Finals also.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Jake Allen impressed with him last night. Picking out a lot of points early. First time I heard him talk. All the commentators HNIC has had over the last 50 years never seen that before. To pick it up that early he must have exceptional hockey smarts. Probably should hung onto this guy. Make great coach or GM someday. Trade Monty instead got a major asset.

I remember Blues GM was on Inside Hockey during the Bubble he said Allen was big part of their cup win. He could pick weaknesses out in goalies. No doubt he was part of Habs '21 run to Finals also.
I noticed that, too. Jake was informative and well-spoken on-camera, a good future panelist if he wants the job.

Still glad we traded him. His time was done here. However, nothing prevents the Habs' org from hiring him in a coaching role later on. I have a feeling we won't be the only team to make him an offer.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022

Montréal was his town before he was acquired by the Habs. He's from the Maritimes and met Carey Price for the first time during his junior years with the short lived Montreal Junior in LHJMQ

Reactions: Lshap

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

MSL said in 2022 that while rebuilding you need guys who are willing to plant trees knowing they will never sit in the Forrest.

That’s Allen. Consummate professional. Him and his family will always be warmly received here.

That is lovely, your words in particular.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I noticed that, too. Jake was informative and well-spoken on-camera, a good future panelist if he wants the job.

Still glad we traded him. His time was done here. However, nothing prevents the Habs' org from hiring him in a coaching role later on. I have a feeling we won't be the only team to make him an offer.
Once they leave odds of them returning diminish greatly. He sounds like great talent.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’d like the Habs to try and bring him back once his playing days are done. He’s knowledgeable, a consummate pro and a class act.

If Montreal follows the lead of some other orgs, they may set up a goalie department and if they do, someone like Allen could be a valued contributor.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I’d like the Habs to try and bring him back once his playing days are done. He’s knowledgeable, a consummate pro and a class act.

If Montreal follows the lead of some other orgs, they may set up a goalie department and if they do, someone like Allen could be a valued contributor.
Don't see that kind of talent often
Picks the game up real fast.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Homie is looking pretty sharp on SN
Allen hit it out of park with hard core hockey talk. Even when Derek Lalonde was on last year he wasn't this knowledge able. He's head coach of Wings. Can see now why Hughes gave him that big extension.

Liked how Allen explained shooting for triangle instead of five hole. Going to score majority of time. He noticed during Blues cup run. Coming down left side right pad last to hit ice. Way opposing goalie cutting over. He has to push off his right skate.

Reactions: Eegs

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Exactly it would be fitting if he is with the team when they win the Cup.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
As a New Brunswicker, there aren't many NB'ers in the NHL. Of those who have made it, they tend to leave and not look back. Not Jake Allen.

He has come back regularly and donated equipment to many minor hockey teams, played in local golf tournaments and partook in fundraisers. I know quite a few folks who have met him with only great things to say.

My wife was at a fundraising dinner he was attending and she got him to sign a hat for me. He was more than happy to.

He is a total class act and handled some tumultuous times in Montreal like a total pro. I hope he can have some playoff success in New Jersey.
Very nice to hear. He does seem like a really nice guy, and your take enforces that.................for the most part, the guys who have made the show, from Atlantic Canada are, indeed great guys.......Brad Marchand obviously in not included in that sentiment!! LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad