Trade: Jahan Dotson to Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Eagles had a huge hole at WR3, and don’t seem that impressed with Anias Smith

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Big Commanders fan. Han never found the magic he did the first year. He has drop issues and simply cannot separate. He also seems to not be willing to work on his game. Shame because I really love what he did the first year (not to mention we passed over Olave for him). I don't think what he brings to Philly is gonna be any better than what they could have found on the waiver wire (Michael Thomas, Renfrow, Cobb) for the WR3 spot.

Not exactly setting Daniels up for early success, are they?
I'm expecting a lot of 12 or even 22 personnel. Ekeler is still an elite pass catching back and Sinnott and Ertz are both more than capable.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Big Commanders fan. Han never found the magic he did the first year. He has drop issues and simply cannot separate. He also seems to not be willing to work on his game. Shame because I really love what he did the first year (not to mention we passed over Olave for him). I don't think what he brings to Philly is gonna be any better than what they could have found on the waiver wire (Michael Thomas, Renfrow, Cobb) for the WR3 spot.

I'm expecting a lot of 12 or even 22 personnel. Ekeler is still an elite pass catching back and Sinnott and Ertz are both more than capable.
Exactly. Could have taken Olave but traded down. Gain an extra 3 and 4 doing that. 3rd was RB Robinson. 4th traded down along with another pick for 2 5ths. One was Howell who was went to Sea for a swap of picks from rd 4 to rd 3 and I think moved again in the deal with Phi. The other 4th was Cole a TE.

So one of those where you look at it in the end for Wash and say WR not really even unless you love Robinson the RB probably just better off keeping your pick and taking the better WR.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Exactly. Could have taken Olave but traded down. Gain an extra 3 and 4 doing that. 3rd was RB Robinson. 4th traded down along with another pick for 2 5ths. One was Howell who was went to Sea for a swap of picks from rd 4 to rd 3 and I think moved again in the deal with Phi. The other 4th was Cole a TE.

So one of those where you look at it in the end for Wash and say WR not really even unless you love Robinson the RB probably just better off keeping your pick and taking the better WR.
Hindsight is 20/20. I loved the Dot trade at the time because I was already a big fan of both Robinson and Howell. I also thought Cole was going to be a more prominent part of the red zone offense, especially with how he looked in his first preseason. He’s basically a surefire cut now with Ertz, Ben and Bates there (and I also like UDFA Yankoff).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hindsight is 20/20. I loved the Dot trade at the time because I was already a big fan of both Robinson and Howell. I also thought Cole was going to be a more prominent part of the red zone offense, especially with how he looked in his first preseason. He’s basically a surefire cut now with Ertz, Ben and Bates there (and I also like UDFA Yankoff).
Trade downs look worse in hindsight when there are players at the same position that you draft that went before you pick, in this case NO did the deal targeting Olave with Jamison going right after, but with a torn ACL, you lose the rookie year basically. If Wash takes a CB or DE and they don't pan out, well, that will happen since teams do target positions of need.

Means that they had Dotson at the time rated right up around where Olave was and felt the extra 2 picks could be helpful..

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Trade downs look worse in hindsight when there are players at the same position that you draft that went before you pick, in this case NO did the deal targeting Olave with Jamison going right after, but with a torn ACL, you lose the rookie year basically. If Wash takes a CB or DE and they don't pan out, well, that will happen since teams do target positions of need.

Means that they had Dotson at the time rated right up around where Olave was and felt the extra 2 picks could be helpful..
I was big on Jameson and wanted him over Olave, I was wrong on him. The Howell pick at least helped us facilitate the trade with Philly to get us Mikey and Ben.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Found it amusing that Washingtons have had both a J. Doctson and J. Dotson bust as a 1st RD WR in the last 10 years.

(Speaking of Doctson, TCU 1st round WR have not done so well. Doctson, Reagor and Quentin Johnston is already falling down the depth chart in LAC)

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Not exactly setting Daniels up for early success, are they?
He lost his job as the #2 WR, that is if he ever really had it to begin with. If you can get a haul of picks for a replaceable depth WR, why not ship him out?

The fact that they’re sending him to a division rival tells you everything you need to know about how much of a “weapon” they considered him to be.

Reactions: CTHabsfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He lost his job as the #2 WR, that is if he ever really had it to begin with. If you can get a haul of picks for a replaceable depth WR, why not ship him out?

The fact that they’re sending him to a division rival tells you everything you need to know about how much of a “weapon” they considered him to be.
It wasn't a haul, but now I'm convinced he was gonna be a cut casualty anyways.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Terry Mclaurin is still the No. 1 and I have to believe Luke McCaffery is showing something good in camp, even if he isn't immediate impact this year.
Luke is a slot receiver. I'd give him time like Edelman, who was a converted QB from Kent State. Luke has been playing WR for only 2 seasons at Rice. So, he's still learning the role. I wouldn't peg him higher than the 4th WR on the depth charge. He might grow into the 3rd option this season, but give him time to learn the WR position in Kliff's offense.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Luke is a slot receiver. I'd give him time like Edelman, who was a converted QB from Kent State. Luke has been playing WR for only 2 seasons at Rice. So, he's still learning the role. I wouldn't peg him higher than the 4th WR on the depth charge. He might grow into the 3rd option this season, but give him time to learn the WR position in Kliff's offense.
It's Dyami Brown as the number 2 this year. Perhaps he's being evaluated this year as well and doesn't have the character problems Dotson was hinted at having. Martavis Bryant may have made the team with the last preseason performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad