Jagr Now on a line with McDavid and Draisaitl

Jagr now with McDavid and Draisaitl - how many points?

• Total voters

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I dont think McDavid would be a good fit for Jagr anymore with his speed based game. The old Man wouldn't be able to keep up.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Jagr is old and fat. I don't see him keeping up. He got 29pts in the Czech league last season. I'd say, in a 56 game season, he gets maybe 15pts. 1 goal, 14 assists. And those are mainly secondary assists, with the two thoroughbreds doing all the real scoring.

EDIT: if I played with the two, I bet I could score 5pts.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Do you mean in the current 56 game season or in 82 games?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Jagr is old and fat.

jagr-vegas.jpg

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Jagr is old and fat. I don't see him keeping up. He got 29pts in the Czech league last season. I'd say, in a 56 game season, he gets maybe 15pts. 1 goal, 14 assists. And those are mainly secondary assists, with the two thoroughbreds doing all the real scoring.

EDIT: if I played with the two, I bet I could score 5pts.
If you gave McDavid the puck in the defensive zone and let him go up the ice to score like he does at least a few times per season you could probably pick up a few points.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
If you gave McDavid the puck in the defensive zone and let him go up the ice to score like he does at least a few times per season you could probably pick up a few points.
I'd absolutely be like the third d-man and stand in the high slot, and just clear whichever puck comes my way, high and far, and hopefully in the general direction of McDavid. I imagine if I do that 10 times a game, 500 times a season, it's got to be good for a few apples.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I think he could still pick up ~40 points in a full 82 game season with the (admittedly completely unrealistic) assumption that this line stays intact the whole year and he isn't injured. I mean he just needs to pass it to those two, and assuming they still score 100pts+ each, he's bound to rack up up the assists. They don't really even play together that often IIRC and still manage to outscore everyone else on their own lines by wide margins.

He just needs to be very smart with his plays and positioning given he probably will be among the slowest members of the team.

Like someone else said even an HFer who can play beer league hockey will pick up 5 points if stapled on a line with those two.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
The guy is nearly 50 years old. If Eliteprospects' stats are correct he has scored 1+2=3 in 13 games in Czech second-tier league. I'm not convinced he would do well in the NHL today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad