Jacob Trouba Elbow On Rodrigues (Fined 5,000 Dollars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Perhaps it was an intentional elbow to the shoulder area, but it did not look like an intentional elbow to the head to me.

It would take Trouba getting on the PA and announcing to the crowd that he was about to elbow somebody for Rangers fans to admit he did it on purpose.

The "it was an accident" excuse was played out with Trouba about 20 elbows ago.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Mark Messier Leadership Award winner Jake Trouba turned around the series with the outlet on the OT goal and now is making HF cry
I love how sports net was talking about him being a Messier leadership winner as if that award means anything. Messier literally chooses it. Theres no selection commitiee, no nothing, just the whims of mark messier. Trouba makes the ice less safe for everyone on and is a stain on the game. His discipline history speaks for itself. The man deserves zero benefit of the doubt on anything. 50/50 calls need to against him.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Based on the Matt Cooke precedent on McDonagh, this should be 17 games. Let's see how corrupt Gary Bettman's league really is

Reactions: BigEezyE22

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He's had more elbowing incidents than Cooke at this point. But the NHL chooses to sweep it under the rug with this player instead of making an example
The key is to get a reputation as a hard player or a good player before you get a reputation as being dirty and you largely get slaps on the wrist. Its worked for literally decades in the NHL

tabness

GUCCY 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
I love how sports net was talking about him being a Messier leadership winner as if that award means anything. Messier literally chooses it. Theres no selection commitiee, no nothing, just the whims of mark messier. Trouba makes the ice less safe for everyone on and is a stain on the game. His discipline history speaks for itself. The man deserves zero benefit of the doubt on anything. 50/50 calls need to against him.

I like Trouba and think the reactions to him are overblown but yeah, defending him with the Mark Messier Leadership Award was hilarious especially given how Messier played lol

Reactions: Oilslick941611

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Just an absolute disgrace it wasn't called a major.

Should be a multi-game suspension, especially since it's the second time this playoffs (at least) he's reached out with an elbow trying to hit a player in the head.

I hope nothing but the worst happens to the NHL. Everyone involved in anything touching player safety needs to be fired.
The NHL is run by incompetent and corrupt people, starting with Bettman. Trouba should be run out of the league like Torres was, except it should have happened years ago.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The guy tries the same exact thing every time he is lining up a hit that he knows is going to miss.

And it is no shock that the only sports league that denies a link between concussions and brain damage allows this idiot to operate this way with that ivy league goofball who runs DOPS.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The key is to get a reputation as a hard player or a good player before you get a reputation as being dirty and you largely get slaps on the wrist. Its worked for literally decades in the NHL
Oh definitely, but the lesson is if you're going to be a dirty player, do so consistently to make it look like you know what you're doing. Tom Wilson went years without being suspended under the circular logic of "he's never been suspended before".

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
No ambiguity on this one. Some Trouba's big hits have been clean, but regardless of how you feel this particular case is as clear an elbow as you're going to see. Easy suspension but will the NHL have the guts?

Reactions: Oilslick941611

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What a dope. He gets beat to the inside and opens up his elbow

It reminds me when zednik beat McLaren to the inside and McLaren decided to clothesline him to the moon. Obviously, that was a more devastating impact but the cause was that these guys would rather deliver a headshot at their opponent rather than concede that they are beat.

I can't stand these types of players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad