Proposal: Jacob Trouba 30% retained to Detroit in the offseason

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
With that much retention I think you could scratch out a 1st for Trouba. With his reputation, I think some team would pay that for him. I’d prefer not to retain but I’d take back Holl, gives the Rangers more flexibility than having the retained money on the books.
I feel like at this point, we wouldn’t even be able to give him away for free. I hope somebody bites, though.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Is there any chance that Trouba would accept a trade to Canada? I know a lot of it is just about his wife's medical credentials and career. But heck...i'd love to have him play with Quin Hughes. It'd be such a fun pairing.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Done lol trouba is a tank and a good leader not sure NYR does this
Lol because Trouba got injured and hobbled his way through the playoffs so now a lot fans just want to part with him. Cap relief is the real gain in this type of deal. This season is ok but we need that cap for Lafreniere, Shesterkin, Schneider, Cuylle, Rempe, Lindgren, and Jones extensions.

Why would Trouba waive?
Trouba has a M-NTC now so if Detroit isn't on his list, then he simply doesn't get a choice.

Reactions: bernmeister

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Smarter move for NYR than the OP proposal IMO :

Take Holl from DET instead of retaining on Trouba.
Then, trade Holl 50% retained ($1.7m cap retained for 2 years) to Anaheim for future considerations or a 7th rounder or something.

Better for NYR cap to retain $1.7m on Holl for 2 years then to retain $2.4m on Trouba for 2 years. It also helps Detroit more with their cap and over-crowded blueline. Literally a win-win-win for all three teams.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Smarter move for NYR than the OP proposal IMO :

Take Holl from DET instead of retaining on Trouba.
Then, trade Holl 50% retained ($1.7m cap retained for 2 years) to Anaheim for future considerations or a 7th rounder or something.

Better for NYR cap to retain $1.7m on Holl for 2 years then to retain $2.4m on Trouba for 2 years. It also helps Detroit more with their cap and over-crowded blueline. Literally a win-win-win for all three teams.
disagree

JT reduced 1.5 to 6.5 remaining 2 yrs + NYR 2024 3rd
for
2 2nds

If we can do a similar Lindgren rfa + modest add to UT for 2 2nds, that is smart way, imo, going forward

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
“We are told the Rangers may retain $2.5 million per year on the two remaining seasons of Trouba’s $8M annual cap charge. That represents 31.25 percent retention that would also be applied to the $12M in salary Trouba has coming over the next two seasons." - Brooks

Not gonna lie, kinda proud of this one if this comes true.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
“We are told the Rangers may retain $2.5 million per year on the two remaining seasons of Trouba’s $8M annual cap charge. That represents 31.25 percent retention that would also be applied to the $12M in salary Trouba has coming over the next two seasons." - Brooks

Not gonna lie, kinda proud of this one if this comes true.

Buy a f***ing powerball ticket if you nail this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00