Value of: Jacob Markstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
How much he is woth of with his new contract?

He's not an established starter, and the Canucks don't have an easy replacement unless Demko has ridiculous development.

His price doesn't matter, he's not getting traded.

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
He's not an established starter, and the Canucks don't have an easy replacement unless Demko has ridiculous development.

His price doesn't matter, he's not getting traded.

Im just curious how much he would bring back if the deal is done.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Im just curious how much he would bring back if the deal is done.

I have no idea, but goalies are a dime a dozen in this league, can't see anybody giving up anything of real significance. As already mentioned he still needs to really establish himself as a #1 Goalie.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
He's worth far more to the Canucks than his value on the trade market. He's at the perfect age to take over the #1 duties, possibly this year, and hopefully platoon with Demko for a couple seasons until he's ready to be the #1.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Without Markstrom, Ryan Miller is a 65-70 start goalie, and he just isn't that goalie anymore. Even if someone called and were really interested, I can't imagine the Canucks trading him.

That said, I couldn't imagine them trading Scheider. And then I couldn't imagine them trading Lou. So who in the hell knows with those guys. :laugh:

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
He's worth far more to the Canucks than his value on the trade market. He's at the perfect age to take over the #1 duties, possibly this year, and hopefully platoon with Demko for a couple seasons until he's ready to be the #1.

Basically this. There's no reason to trade him unless we're offered something amazing, but that's not happening.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Miller and Markstrom are in for a tough season this year.

Markstrom need to step up his game this season if he wants to ever be a starter in the NHL.
Miller was a good goaltender in his prime but Father Time is catching up with Ryan Miller, this could be his last season in Vancouver unless Miller takes a huge pay cut.

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
I have no idea, but goalies are a dime a dozen in this league, can't see anybody giving up anything of real significance. As already mentioned he still needs to really establish himself as a #1 Goalie.

The good ones aren't. Markstrom hasn't accomplished anything so i doubt he's worth anything

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Miller and Markstrom are in for a tough season this year.

Markstrom need to step up his game this season if he wants to ever be a starter in the NHL.
Miller was a good goaltender in his prime but Father Time is catching up with Ryan Miller, this could be his last season in Vancouver unless Miller takes a huge pay cut.

Uhhh he played pretty good last year, all he really needs to do is prove that he can do it as a starter.

rajinikanthfan1

rajinikanthfan1
Jun 25, 2006
North Delta
i cant stand Markstrom one bit everyone said he was going to be the next big thing in Florida and overall i think Markstrom is a bust, if i were the canucks i would trade him for a draft pick or a decent goalie like bernier! this dude is never going to be a starter or an all star

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
i cant stand Markstrom one bit everyone said he was going to be the next big thing in Florida and overall i think Markstrom is a bust, if i were the canucks i would trade him for a draft pick or a decent goalie like bernier! this dude is never going to be a starter or an all star

You sound bitter, fine, he was thrown into the fire far too soon on the Panthers and did not fair too well. He played pretty good for us last year and most certainly is not a "bust" as you say. Maybe pay attention to what he is doing now rather than what he did on an absolutely terrible Panthers team.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
He's worth pretty much nothing.

He's good. I'd rather have him here.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012

Signed to a 11M/3year contract.
Crazy!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad