Value of: Jacob Bernard Docker or Lassi Thomson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Canucks already have a lot of "fringe clutter" trying to resolve their RHD issues...but i could really see them having interest in JBD. He's in that age range they're looking at, and kinda fits the profile of what they're looking for.

Just not sure what they'd have to offer that makes sense for Ottawa. They've got a bunch of excess wingers and stuff, but i don't think that really holds much value for the Sens. They also have plenty of wingers and forwards in general.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Nothing really worth it or that will help us. Might as well see if they pan out. Both had flashes where they looked great when called up.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Canucks already have a lot of "fringe clutter" trying to resolve their RHD issues...but i could really see them having interest in JBD. He's in that age range they're looking at, and kinda fits the profile of what they're looking for.

Just not sure what they'd have to offer that makes sense for Ottawa. They've got a bunch of excess wingers and stuff, but i don't think that really holds much value for the Sens. They also have plenty of wingers and forwards in general.
If Garland is going to be moved, and Ottawa moves Debrincat, I could see interest from our end.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I think kleven is on the team next year. They don't give him a $600,000 signing bonus and then stick him in the AHL for a year.

I originally thought he would start the year in Belleville but the way everything is being handled sounds like they see him as a blue chipper that goes straight to the NHL.
i hope Kleven comes in and forces the issue as the question mark on the sens is the bottom pairing and team defense as a whole

I just dont have him fully penciled in as he has an option to be sent down so he would need to be a clear upgrade since it will also lead us to lose one or both of jbd/lassi for cheaper then expected because other teams will know that we wont have a spot for them

that being said if kleven comes in completely earns it like that then i am all for it as that would make our defense that much better

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think kleven is on the team next year. They don't give him a $600,000 signing bonus and then stick him in the AHL for a year.

I originally thought he would start the year in Belleville but the way everything is being handled sounds like they see him as a blue chipper that goes straight to the NHL.
He didn’t get a 600k signing bonus, that’s not allowed.
He has a 600k performance bonus in year 3, who knows if he reaches them. It will be part of the standard ELC bonuses allowed.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I could see Ottawa moving on from both at the draft for picks. With no picks in the first 3 rounds it would make sense to move on from a couple of the bottom end blue liners. They need to add a couple veteran blue liners if they want to get into the play offs. Lots of nice top end young guys now they need a couple of plow horses to do the heavy slogging.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I could see Ottawa moving on from both at the draft for picks. With no picks in the first 3 rounds it would make sense to move on from a couple of the bottom end blue liners. They need to add a couple veteran blue liners if they want to get into the play offs. Lots of nice top end young guys now they need a couple of plow horses to do the heavy slogging.
I’d be surprised if both are moved, but it is definitely possible. JBD seems like he might replace Holden next year as our #7, with Kleven passing between the A & NHL as needed. The last thing we wanna do is go into the season without extra DMen

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

This is not a reflection on JBD - more so a gift to Guenette, who has played really well in the A and deserves a game, according to Dorion.

It does, imo, reflect on Thomson though, and shows me that Guenette has surpassed him on the organizational depth chart. I would say its almost a guarantee that Thomson is dealt or placed on waivers before next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad