Confirmed with Link: Jackets sign Sean Monahan 5x5.5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Something has not been right with his shooting, either mentally or physically, or both. He was always a picky shooter which is alright, but last couple years it's almost looked like he refuses to shoot and when he does it's not the accurate super rocket it used to be. Laine literally used to feel like, and be, a legitimate scoring threat from anywhere inside the blue line. Haven't had that feeling for a long time.

I still have that feeling that he can definitely do it. It's just that he opts so often not to do it. It's maddening.

I think it's all part of him trying to be a more well rounded player. That was always the critique, still seems to be in some circles. Although he's actually tightened his all around play up considerably and he wasn't a disaster at any point. He was just so much more seen as the goal scorer, and he embraced that role at first.

A lot of people got in his ear, maybe he even read the press or forums and wasn't liking the image people had. So he's been trying to do "too much" and not really being able to focus on that one thing he has over others. I hope he gets back to shooting more because that is unique to watch. When there's another legit threat in his line who understands how to use Laine, we could see that shooting Laine back.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I still have that feeling that he can definitely do it. It's just that he opts so often not to do it. It's maddening.

I think it's all part of him trying to be a more well rounded player. That was always the critique, still seems to be in some circles. Although he's actually tightened his all around play up considerably and he wasn't a disaster at any point. He was just so much more seen as the goal scorer, and he embraced that role at first.

A lot of people got in his ear, maybe he even read the press or forums and wasn't liking the image people had. So he's been trying to do "too much" and not really being able to focus on that one thing he has over others. I hope he gets back to shooting more because that is unique to watch. When there's another legit threat in his line who understands how to use Laine, we could see that shooting Laine back.

For the same reason it didn't work with Gaudreau, I don't think a linemate is get Laine going. Only Laine can do it. I wish he was okay with just being a sniper with a good backcheck. If he stops insisting on carrying every puck then other talents on his line can help him more. They can't set him up with a pass if he already has it.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
How did this turn into another Laine thread? Sheesh
Screenshot_20240703_093937_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: cbjthrowaway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad