Post-Game Talk: Jackets def. Canucks - 4-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Columbus lineup:

Laine Jenner Bjorkstand
Domi Sillinger Voracek
Nyquist Roslovic Texier
Hoffman Kuraly Robinson

Gavrikov Bean
Werenski Peake
Bayreuther Boquist

Laine is out. The CBJ lines are likely

Nyquist-Jenner-Bjorkstrand
Chinakhov-Sillinger-Voracek
Hofmann-Roslovic-Domi
Robinson-Kuraly-Texier
Werenski-Bean
Gavrikov-Peeke
Bayreuther-Boqvist

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
They just got run out of the rink by a middle of the road team. Here is another middle of the road team.

At some point you’d like to think pride kicks in but that only ever seems to happen with 5 minutes left in the third. Never at the beginning of the game and never enough pride for a 60 minute effort. No idea what is going to happen so in typical Canuck fan fashion:

Hope for the best but expect the worst

Problem is I don’t think hoping for the best means hoping for win at this point.

Reactions: Indiana

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Goaltending? (I have no idea, just a guess).

At least they are getting goaltending. Our goaltending has been next level useless with Demko allowing goals in.

I suggest a new gameplan of Demko being the 3rd Dman on the ice. A "false goaltender" who can jump up on the play. :eek:

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Laine is out. The CBJ lines are likely

Nyquist-Jenner-Bjorkstrand
Chinakhov-Sillinger-Voracek
Hofmann-Roslovic-Domi
Robinson-Kuraly-Texier
Werenski-Bean
Gavrikov-Peeke
Bayreuther-Boqvist
Thanks pal, edited the op with the updated Columbus lineup. Looking FWD to seeing Gavrikov

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
Does anyone feel like the last gasp of playing for professional pride was on our last homestand and it's going to be losses across the board on this road trip?
As long as a win makes these baboons think that they can turn things around, the end is not near.

That's why it's important that we lose, and lose big.

If it happens long enough, then even a win won't bring hope anymore.

And once a win makes them think "it's over," only then is it truly over, and the purge can begin.

Eight years of futility was not "long enough" for these baboons...

So things have to get real ugly for the truth to finally hit home.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
That Columbus defence looks suspect. I'm surprised they have 22 pts .

Pick a 5-on-5 stat and you’ll see Columbus right in the middle of the league: expected goals for, scoring chance share, high danger share, SV%…15-18th in these things.

A PP that’s 14th

A PK that’s 12th

12th in pt%

They are almost perfectly average.

Reactions: Hyzer and MS

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
GO CANUCKS GO ! GO CANUCKS GO !
To lose?

Feeling we are on the brink of change… reminds me of trade deadline day, so close to change but yet so far (ie playoff bubble team so may as well go all in to win). Chalk up another L, make it crystal clear that a major management/coaching change is needed!

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Pick a 5-on-5 stat and you’ll see Columbus right in the middle of the league: expected goals for, scoring chance share, high danger share, SV%…15-18th in these things.

A PP that’s 14th

A PK that’s 12th

12th in pt%

They are almost perfectly average.
Average. Even that seems such a far off goal for the Canucks right now. :(

Reactions: tantalum

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks didn't have their legs against the Pens at the beginning of the game..Started to come on a bit at the end of the first, but got stonewalled by Jarry, and constant string of penalties..Sleepwalked through the rest.....Once the Canucks go down by two on the road, I'd recommend switching the channel on the TV.

Guess we can hope that Boeser and Pettersson can do something..?...EP only played for 12 minutes last game (liability..?), and played on the 4th line for a spell..and still looking for his first ES goal of the season...Calling his play an unmitigated disappointment this season, is an understatement.

Speaking of liability, Lammiko..If you cant score, stay out of the penalty box.

I certainly felt that the Pens game was Greens last game..Both coach and players were completely out of answers after the game..Whatever the message is, the players are not getting it.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Odds are favouring the Canucks to win tonight? Tempted to throw some money on CBJ.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Looking forward to starting the game off right, with either a penalty or bad defensive mistake. Better throw Myers and Burroughs out there for puck drop, Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad