GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
14 goals against in 2 games.......

I still cant believe it......😄

What a Gong-Show so far......

Next 2 games against Roy's Islanders and Boston......They gonna lit us up too.....😅

By the time our "injured" players are back we might be allready out of the playoff-picture if this shitshow in net keeps going.....

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lads, Georgiev was fine in the playoffs last year. Like he wasn't the reason why we lost, but to win the Cup you need goaltending to be a reason why you win. We are not going to have a team as good as the 2022 one anymore or at least for the next 3-4 years, which is why I am emphasising the goaltending more. In the regular season, Avs just need average goaltending, but in the playoffs, I think you need it to increase a level or two, especially on a team with cap restrictions.

Nonetheless, Georgiev has had problems dating back multiple years. His regular season was lit AF, but he let in a ton of weird goals against Seattle. Again, he wasn't the reason we lost, but he didn't help by any means. Last year, he rebounded very nicely against the Jets, but went back mediocre against the Stars. Did we lose because of him? No, but to sound like a broken record, he didn't help us. You can't keep employing a bloke who is just getting by with the bare minimum when the aspirations are Cup or Bust every season. Georgiev might have been fine on our team around 2019 or 2020, but we have simply given him so many chances that it seems like an abusive relationship at this point lol. How many more struggles are we going to have to keep saying we believe in him? I wish him all the best, but even I cannot logically defend any part of him anymore as I have done in the past. Goalers like Gibson and Husso are definitely risky for sure, but some times you gotta take the risk.

I thought Ritchie was invisible last night outside of his reverse hit.

At least against Vegas he had 2-3 great chances to score. Last night he was a ghost.
Being invisible as a rookie isn't entirely the worst thing on earth. I actually think all three rookies have been fine for the most part, but Ritchie is definitely a step below because of how horrible his defensive game is. He is a team worse -4 and that doesn't come across as pure coincidence IMHO.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The f*** you can't. This shit has been happening since last season. And Annunen has come in cold both games. I'm sick and tired of George. Anything would be better at this point.
Then you should talk to management. Coach has to go with the goalies given to him. Whether we want to admit it or not, Georgiev is the most talented goalie on the Avalanche roster. There’s nothing to be gained by the coach publicly roasting him. I’m even surprised Bednar said “not good enough” about him and Annunen for the season opener.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Then you should talk to management. Coach has to go with the goalies given to him. Whether we want to admit it or not, Georgiev is the most talented goalie on the Avalanche roster. There’s nothing to be gained by the coach publicly roasting him. I’m even surprised Bednar said “not good enough” about him and Annunen for the season opener.
Then start the rookie. Bednar get too much f***ing leeway.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

There is no reason Justus hasn't taken the starting role. He was better the second half of last season and clearly the team is calmer in net around him. Maybe he isn't as talented, but at this point the Avs need to take a page from the Oilers and jettison Georgie to the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad