GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I’d argue their defensive play was good prior (similar to the Avs) and guys just played solid in net. I don’t think the Avs can legitimately contend with any of these guys in net, but enough to hold on until somebody springs free. Not at all worried about getting to the playoffs.
I wasn’t worried before the season started, but after this 2 games, even though it’s only 2 games, I am kinda worried. We are talking no Lehky until at least end of October, no Val until mid November, and god knows when Landy is coming back. I really don’t know how we gonna win enough games to stay a float until everyone comes back. Vegas missed the playoffs because they had too many injuries. I won’t be surprised if we did too

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Dude needs help

AJ said this:
2KEQIaG.png

This thing is interesting because i thought he redeemed himself in the playoffs againts all the odds after shitty regular season and first game of the playoffs. What has happened after that in the summer? Contract extension talks gone south? Craig Anderson had same kind of fall in stats after the Avs didn’t give him extension in the summer.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
This thing is interesting because i thought he redeemed himself in the playoffs againts all the odds after shitty regular season and first game of the playoffs. What has happened after that in the summer? Contract extension talks gone south? Craig Anderson had same kind of fall in stats after the Avs didn’t give him extension in the summer.

How did he redeem himself? He was still garbage through most of the playoffs. Just a smidge better then game 1 against Winnipeg, which is saying much.

Reactions: Bensch88

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
He’s just an inconsistent goalie with ups and downs. His 1st year with the Avs was good. Last year wasn’t good in the regular season, good in the playoffs after the 1st game, and now this year it has been a disaster so far. He’s just not a true starting NHL goalie. To be that you need to be more consistent than that. If he’s worried about a contract, he should get his shit together, play good to get paid otherwise no team is gonna pay him what he wants

Last edited:

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
He shouldnt play another game for the Avs. Trade him now since they arent signing him next season anyways and roll with whatever goalie you can get for him.
100% :thumbu:..

Irrelevant addition: choice between Avs tickets or concert tickets this eve. Chose concert. Drove past Pepsi after concert as the game traffic was exiting. No emotion. And no need to invest much emotion into the Avs until messes get sorted out. Messes include lecky return, nuke who?, landy shit or off pot ffs, george exit stage left please, and a goaler, a goaler, my kingdom for a goaler..

Additonal irrelevant addendum: since watched game lowlights. guess I could go back in the thread and look at people's reactions to goals 2 and 3. Why? Anatomy of a broken beyond repair goaltender (tho this was known way last year).

Last edited:

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
How did he redeem himself? He was still garbage through most of the playoffs. Just a smidge better then game 1 against Winnipeg, which is saying much.

Guy had -1,4 GSAA in the playoffs in total. From the first game of the series againts Winnipeg his GSAA was -4,84. You do the math.

He wasn’t garbage. He was a quite average but not the reason why Avs season ended againts Stars.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I think we should be looking for some positives:

- we miss 3 top-six wingers, who will be coming back
- we play 3 young players instead (ivanx2, Kovalenko, Ritchie) and they dont completely suck, might even turn out to be competent NHL-ers.
- we know Georgiev is not great, but he is not as bad as he played so far either. He will bounce back
- you never know, Kahkonen may actually turn out to be legit NHL goalie.
- MacK played well, some other players too, Rantanen scored hattrick in the first game, so probably did not turn to shite during summer either
- despite missing key players, playing bunch of rookies, shit tending and bit of bad luck (MacK hiiting shaft of Tarasovs stick, that would have been a goal otherwise), we still would have made the game even if Coltons shot in the end did not hit the post. So unlucky again.
- we scored 4 goals a game while keeping opposition to 20 shots. At some point such performances start winning the games, one way or the other.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I'm not sure I can recall ever seeing Bednar so visibly flustered than he was during his post-game tonight. Desperate to not throw his starter under the bus, despite how obvious it is that he's the one digging this team's grave only two games in. He was fumbling around, fidgeting constantly...he knows as well as we do and it was disheartening to watch.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Second game in a row where 4 goals weren't enough.

At least it's nice that the scoring is there with so many top 6 forwards missing.

As for the goaltending - it's been 2 games to start the season. I'm not writing anybody off just yet, but goddamn.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Let’s hope and pray Kähkönen manages to pull a Kipper to Calgary for us and we cruise to a few Cups

I mean someone has to win the lottery..

I mean Bednar can say whatever he wants but picking up a goalie on waivers clearly shows they’re not happy with their goaltending.

Exactly. Don't look at what they say but what they do. It's clear they don't trust Georgiev. No one does. Players, coaches or fans.

Reactions: RECKLESS

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Macfarland should be on the hot seat every day Georgiev is still on this roster. Dead serious.

It is just negligent at this point. There are 62 better goaltenders in the NHL than Georgiev.

I agree with this. If they keep playing George, someone will get fired because he sucks.

If Beds and CMac are going to hang this season on resurrecting George they should both be fired

True.

This game was the last straw for me. George needs to sit. He ain't good. He is done with the team imo.

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
interesting that bedner said Ritchie was quiet last night and played better vs vegas. I thought he had a better game against CBJ. shows what I know as a fan i guess

HugeMetalFan

Jul 30, 2015
It's amazing to me that we once again have a position of weakness the whole league knows about, but we take 2 years to even star doing something about it. Just like the 2C, now it's the goalies. This lack of resolute action and being afraid of making strict but timely decisions is what has most likely shut the window.
In my opinion, Sakic and MacFarland should be fired. But they won't be. I guess they still sell tickets. At least for now...

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
After a long summer i really was happy that hockey is finally back....

After the last few days i want the offseason back......

Half of our forwards are injured and we have no goalie at NHL-Level........

Great times ahead..... This org really can kill any joy within a few days......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad