News and Blog Report: Jack, Louie, and Geno are back

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Could do without Louie The Brusk tbh
I don't think much of this group, can't listen to Gene, if he is on pregame it goes over head as I ignore. During intermissions, depends who he is interviewing or the subject. Louie and Jack are OK, nothing special.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don't think much of this group, can't listen to Gene, if he is on pregame it goes over head as I ignore. During intermissions, depends who he is interviewing or the subject. Louie and Jack are OK, nothing special.
It’s easy to ignore Gene if he isn’t your cup of tea. Wait until the anthems are playing to turn the game on and take your bathroom breaks during intermission. I’ve barely watched him for years. You can’t do anything about the other two though. One is a carnival barker who frequently forgets he’s there to describe what’s going on in the hockey game and the other one hates the Oilers and actively cheers for whoever they are playing (which will be even worse this year because his kid is now playing for the Canucks). I don’t think this announcement is as popular with Oiler fans as the OP thinks it is.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Put Louie back up in the press box and take him out from between the benches
That and he should also take a look at how he is coming across to the fans of the team he is almost exclusively covering.
Maybe its just me but Louie seems to gush over other teams and then pulls back on being too complimentary about the Oilers.
Is he trying not to appear too biased?
If thats the case then he is seriously overcompensating.

Last edited:

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
Gene is our pun master, he's a keeper.
Jack is an idiot, but he's our idiot, and I've grown kind of fond of him.
Louie is decent, and can have some meaningful analysis at times, but retreads a LOT of the same sayings and clichés (Shooter mentality needs to be retired tout suite).

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad