Confirmed with Link: Jack Johnson signs 1x775k

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I imagine that the biggest improvement to our defense next season will come in the form of coaching.

Still hoping we get a half decent D piece back in a Laine trade though.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don’t think people are mad about adding JJ because he’s old, they’re mad because they wanted someone who can contribute positively on the defensive side of the ice and the PK.

Jack is going to be great in the room though.
And I think that is the most important aspect of why he is here. he played 80 games for Colorado last year. I think he'll be just fine as a 3rd pairing guy who should have an understanding of structure at this point in his career.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm happy to add JJ as a #7. Good add. I find it really funny that he was our 6/7 when he left in 2018, and is almost the same player now six years later. Hopefully Wads has another D in the works.

Werenski-Severson
Provorov-Jiricek
Christiansen/Johnson-Gudbranson

Puke

It's again an overall composition issue where none of these pairings would be ideal in shutdown situations when you're holding a lead. The third period meltdowns and coach killing might continue if we don't add a better defender.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm happy to add JJ as a #7. Good add. I find it really funny that he was our 6/7 when he left in 2018, and is almost the same player now six years later. Hopefully Wads has another D in the works.

It's again an overall composition issue where none of these pairings would be ideal in shutdown situations when you're holding a lead. The third period meltdowns and coach killing might continue if we don't add a better defender.
Guess we’ll see if the organization believes in Christiansen or not. If this was the last signing, it at least gives him a path to make the team.

If they bring in someone else, Christiansen’s path is probably closed for good. Here at least.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Guess we’ll see if the organization believes in Christiansen or not. If this was the last signing, it at least gives him a path to make the team.

If they bring in someone else, Christiansen’s path is probably closed for good. Here at least.

Johnson will be on the roster but not necessarily on the starting six, if Christiansen completely outplays him. And that's very plausible to my mind. Or it could be Mateychuk just crushes both of them.

I'd ordinarily not mind that mix of three for one bottom pair job, as someone will probably play well enough. But there's no shutdown material there.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Okay. I have my spin cheap rationalization self-brainwashing calmer approach figured out. He's signed as an Assistant Coach and EBUD. Of course there's followups. Why wouldn't there be followups? It makes sense for there to be followups.

It'll be okay. Yeah. Calming down.

Bizarro Viqsi said:
What about the number of times you've made that exact same argument to other folks freaking out and then there were no followups? You got through that by feeling confident about the initial moves, after all...
Yeah well um I mean SHUT THE f*** UP BITCH I'M TRYING HERE, OKAY
Bizarro Viqsi said:
dooooooom... ...dooooooooom...
I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU ANYMORE

So, yeah! Everything's fine. Everything's totally fine. :thumbu:

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I feel like we need to add one or two capable bodies though...1-2 injuries and we're in a really bad spot. We've seen first hand how quickly that can snowball..

Reactions: LJ7

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
:surrender
There you go
Cool! Thanks. :thumbu:
twitch.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad