Proposal: Jack Johnson for Spooner?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
I saw this posted in some comments on Facebook earlier and was wondering if it would be possible.

Columbus gets Ryan Spooner

And Boston gets Jack Johnson.

Columbus gets a younger, talented forward while Boston adds a needed defenseman.

For the record, I'm not a fan of either team.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Don't think you will see much interest from Boston's point of view. I could see Boston having interest in Johnson if other options fall through, but not at that cost.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
No nothing against Johnson but Bruins need to keep a young center with speed vs a slow deeman that Bruins have a lot of. They really need a top 4 deeman or better. Spooner will not get that but maybe in a package deal with picks, prospects and a vet.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
No nothing against Johnson but Bruins need to keep a young center with speed vs a slow deeman that Bruins have a lot of. They really need a top 4 deeman or better. Spooner will not get that but maybe in a package deal with picks, prospects and a vet.

Who exactly is the slow dman ?

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
I don't mind Johnson, but the Bruins need a solid RHD (at least!). The cost of Spooner has me staying away as well...

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I don't think JJ is getting underrated so much as he doesn't fit with the B's needs on defense. he's a lefty and we already have chara, krug, liles, morrow, plus all the kids in prov. if the B's were going to target a dman from CBJ it would likely be Savard.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't think JJ is getting underrated so much as he doesn't fit with the B's needs on defense. he's a lefty and we already have chara, krug, liles, morrow, plus all the kids in prov. if the B's were going to target a dman from CBJ it would likely be Savard.
And Savard isn't available, as we have nobody else to slot in there.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Who exactly is the slow dman ?

Johnson, Chara, McQuaid.... we just let go of Siedenberg and Trotman. Kevan Miller is not the fastest but you can have slow hockey sense too. Bruins need a top 2 guy to take over from Chara in the near future. This is not it and Spooner does not get that value.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
We're done throwing mid round picks at bottom of the roster players. Zac Rinaldo was a failed experiment and I'd rather keep the 4th instead of the tough guy 6th Dman.

so a bag of pucks and an eddie the eagle net cover? :naughty:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Yeah I'm not at all a fan of JJ and have criticized his play for years, but he's not slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad