Jack Hughes goes for the hit on ENG, gets worst of it

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
How are you guys not understanding that the rangers fan here is obviously trolling the devils fans with his pro Hughes comments?

Like it’s so obvious yet everyone is taking the bait. Sheesh.
Pavel is a USNTDP guy and Hughes is a golden boy to those in that circle. While Rasmussen is just another overrated Canadian oaf.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
What’s more likely, that this is the high point of Rassmussen’s career? Or that this is the high point of Detroit’s season?

And honestly weird thread and comments. Dude made a high effort play to try and stop an ENG and took some punishment. And the other player thought scoring an ENG was an incredible flex

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think probably what triggered Hughes is the way the Detroit player celebrated down to him after the goal.

But this is what happens when an artist tries to be a plumber.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Okay 11 seconds. Because a smaller player in recent memory was seriously hurt on a similar play. Of course Hughes is going to get some shit for it. The Stefan flub has happened what? Once in nhl history? It's possible but trying to blow someone up for an empty net goal is deserving of being taunted.

Hughes made a stupid play and is lucky he wasn't injured. You can skate hard and try to play a stick. It wasn't a lose lose situation like you said. Hughes chose the worst option and is now rightfully being mocked. I would expect the same if Rasmussen was on the other end of this.
I understand what you're saying and if this was Hamilton, Hischier or Meier throwing that hit I'd likely agree with you but I don't think Hughes is trying to blow him up he's trying to get the puck back as quickly as possible. Knocking him off the puck is quicker than a stick battle.

Also I have zero issue with people clowing him for getting rocked and taunted, I think the EA cover in this thread is hillarious. My issue is soley with the making fun of him for trying like he shouldn't have even bothered.

Reactions: Phrasing and Xirik

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Screenshot_20241025_080718_Gallery.jpg

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Hughes plays with a chip on his shoulder, but he puts himself in too many situations to break that shoulder.

lmfao at the Ras empty net stare down

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It doesn't really look like he's trying to light Rasmussen up, just beat him to the post.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
What’s more likely, that this is the high point of Rassmussen’s career? Or that this is the high point of Detroit’s season?

And honestly weird thread and comments. Dude made a high effort play to try and stop an ENG and took some punishment. And the other player thought scoring an ENG was an incredible flex
there are hot takes.....there are scorching takes....but this.....this a take that goes straight off the Kelvin scale. Kudos to you sir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad