Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

This four act play is heartbreaking.

The game of make pretends some people are playing with themselves that the realization that no matter what he does he’s now playing a fifth straight lost season with no end in sight hasnt set in and killed off another piece of him is really something.

If you think this isn’t taking a toll on him you’ve never experienced anything.

And if you think this doesn’t add up to a bad future you don’t know anything either.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
He isn't being traded. What is this woe-is-jack crap some of you are projecting?
As I recall it was Jack who was kind of instrumental in getting Murray/Bylsma canned, which opened the door for Botterill/Housley. Careful what you wish for, Jack.

Reactions: k8prisoner

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
He isn't being traded. What is this woe-is-jack crap some of you are projecting?
fact that they had 5 years to be a team infront of him and have yet to do so, only decent players we have are dahlin risto skinner and reinhart. 10 years of no playoffs and that's what we have to show for it

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
He has played 5 years and as SabresSharks said has never sniffed the playoffs. In 5 more years his prime will be ending and his career will be more than half over. Greatness is measured in cups and he is as competitive as they come. How long do they expect him to wait for them to build even a playoff contender around him? Not a playoff team, but a playoff contender that isn't out of the hunt before the last week of the season. They haven't even sniffed that. It's like they are pushing him to see how much he can take before he demands out.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
It saddens me that Thornton and Marleau will probably never win a Cup, certainly not as Sharks. They played on some great teams that could never quite get to the pinnacle.

How many years before Eichel even makes the damn playoffs? His prospects are exceedingly poor with this franchise. That saddens me too.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Nah. It's because he plays for a team that's never even sniffed the playoffs.
Eichel has a good chance of ending up a lower-tier Marcel Dionne. 18 years in the NHL, 3rd all-time in scoring when he retired to #9 & #99 (>700g, >1000 assists, nearly 1800pts, 1.3ppg). No playoffs first 5 years and a little more than a half-season's worth of playoff games for his whole career.

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
It saddens me that Thornton and Marleau will probably never win a Cup, certainly not as Sharks. They played on some great teams that could never quite get to the pinnacle.

How many years before Eichel even makes the damn playoffs? His prospects are exceedingly poor with this franchise. That saddens me too.
All depends if and when he wants out.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
He isn't going anywhere. I can't think of a player his caliber who has forced their way out in the cap era since maybe Heatley and that was extreme.

Dahlin will continue to grow into a superstar.

If whoever is in charge can just avoid dumping what talent they have left and bring in just 2-3 good players, they will be a playoff team in a year or two.

Or I guess we could just be the Atlanta Thrashers...

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
He isn't going anywhere. I can't think of a player his caliber who has forced their way out in the cap era since maybe Heatley and that was extreme.

Dahlin will continue to grow into a superstar.

If whoever is in charge can just avoid dumping what talent they have left and bring in just 2-3 good players, they will be a playoff team in a year or two.

Or I guess we could just be the Atlanta Thrashers...
The thing is never say never. Players always want to win and players of his caliber have ton of leverage to strong arm a team because without them they know the team is screwed....I mean think about our team if Eichel wasn't putting up the numbers and carrying this team. We'd be rivaling the Wings for last.

The $$$ is almost always gonna be there for top players but after a while losing really gets old...I mean O'Reilly was getting paid tons but being here with all the losing, he flat out said the constant losing was making him lose passion for the game.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The thing is never say never. Players always want to win and players of his caliber have ton of leverage to strong arm a team because without them they know the team is screwed....I mean think about our team if Eichel wasn't putting up the numbers and carrying this team. We'd be rivaling the Wings for last.

The $$$ is almost always gonna be there for top players but after a while losing really gets old...I mean O'Reilly was getting paid tons but being here with all the losing, he flat out said the constant losing was making him lose passion for the game.

I wouldn't go that far.

Just how historically bad the Wings are this year is getting underreported.

In 14-15, when Murray was tanking for McEichel, the Sabres had 54 points.

This year, Detroit is on pace for 43 points.

Even without Eichel, I doubt this team is as bad as the 14-15 Sabres. Especially if they were able to use the $10M in cap space on other players.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't go that far.

Just how historically bad the Wings are this year is getting underreported.

In 14-15, when Murray was tanking for McEichel, the Sabres had 54 points.

This year, Detroit is on pace for 43 points.

Even without Eichel, I doubt this team is as bad as the 14-15 Sabres. Especially if they were able to use the $10M in cap space on other players.

You look at that Red Wings team, and if that German defender doesn't pan out, they could suck for a while.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Mindset wise, this has been a real break out season for Jack in the way he attacks at 5v5. He has finally built the belief that he should attack at full speed more than the slow down he loves, because his speed is a huge problem for defenses. And with that his shooting bias has also adjusted accordingly.

I hope he maintains this aggression. Its great to see him maximize his offensive ability.

Reactions: brian_griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad