Jack Eichel Overhyped or Overshadowed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wasn't a big fan of him pre-injury and my opinion hasn't really changed for the better since. He's good, but seems consistently ranked like 10-20% too high. Doesn't help that he's also extremely unlikeable.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
He's very good, won a cup being one of the main sources of offence. Went toe to toe with mcdavid and imo outplayed him during that series. If anything he is underrated because he doesn't have the big point totals in the regular season but 2023 playoffs showed he can clutch up with the best of em.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Eichel seems like one the more consistently rated guys in the league.

He's the 8th-10th best center for pretty much everyone

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The very next year however he began to show his true colors, the pre draft hype eichel has arrived. He came out determined more than ever showing he was n elite top ten talent. He could go end to end snipe any corner from anywhere the speed, keep away and dangle ability with the vision finally he had his Mackinnon like click looking unstoppable however the season was cut short due to another injury finishing with 68 games 36 goals 42 assists for 78 points with a fully healthy season he assuredly would have broken the 40 goal barrier and cracked 90 points scratching at 100 points.
COVID cut that season short, not injury.

Reactions: Faceboner

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Jack Eichel’s skill level is jumps out at you. The casual explosive skating, the puck handling, shot arsenal. Everything is super high end and you can see why he was hyped. Individually this guy has it in him to be a 100 plus point player but has never gotten close. I think it would be good for the game if he broke out statistically and rejoined that conversation of elite centers of this generation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad