Jack Edwards is not well…

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Rumor has it that the team asked for him to stay on for the 100th season this year. He has struggled more than any PBP I've ever listened to.

While there is no current evidence that he has any health problem leading to his speech errors, I would advise caution to people with their preconceived judgments. You might end up looking like a real heel if it comes out at the end of the season that he has been battling something.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've happened to get "stuck" with him for a few Rangers vs Bruins games and I never saw the issue. I always found him entertaining and pretty fair to the Rangers. A lot better than some other crews.

His problem is with Montreal. And I'm not defending some of what he says in the booth during Habs games but get him away from the Habs and he's fine.

At the end of the day, he works for a hometown network and he's been pretty iconic for the hometown team.

If he really is struggling, I wish him well.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Rumor has it that the team asked for him to stay on for the 100th season this year. He has struggled more than any PBP I've ever listened to.

While there is no current evidence that he has any health problem leading to his speech errors, I would advise caution to people with their preconceived judgments. You might end up looking like a real heel if it comes out at the end of the season that he has been battling something.
That sucks. I really love his passion for the game

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Oh I never do unless forced to.
He's a goof and most people will agree.

Oh he’s definitely a goof.
But seeing a fan of another team say “he’s a disgrace and needs to be replaced” when you could just not watch the Bruins broadcast is funny to me.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Oh he’s definitely a goof.
But seeing a fan of another team say “he’s a disgrace and needs to be replaced” when you could just not watch the Bruins broadcast is funny to me.

I like to watch opponents broadcasts to learn about their lesser known players.

Even his partner is tired of his shit, you can just feel and hear the awkward silence when Jack does "Jack"

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Always makes me laugh just how much space a regional hockey broadcaster takes up in fans' heads.
Like seething hatred for a man they've never met and has no tangible affect on their lives whatsoever.

He's pretty clearly had a health issue in the last couple years(if I were to guess it would be stroke), and still wants to call games. That's real passion. Good for him for loving his job, we should all be so lucky.

Last edited:

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
That's a bit of the point of this thread. Jack doesn't do Jack anymore. He'll start to make a point and trail off.

Exactly. The people complaining about the things that Jack used to get hate for clearly haven’t heard him much the last two seasons. He isn’t doing that anymore because he can’t keep up with the games anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad