Value of: Jack Drury for similarly aged LD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah. Canucks would happily swap him for Jack Rathbone. They don't need him as an offensive LHD, and could use a bottom-6 Center with #3C upside.

I'd imagine that's likely beaten by others with a slightly more established young defenceman though.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
What am I missing here?
Honestly not much, just the first name thing. Rathbone is a pick moving defenseman who so closely resembles Hughes that I think the coach hesitates to put him in the lineup. He has warts like all rookie d, but potential is there, and near ppg in the AHL last year shows it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He's simply not that good. The equivalent LD would be worth more, not to mention the fact he seems to be a primadonna kind of works against his value as well.
yes, but they can add or do a larger package
Jones does not = negative value, but as a Fox clone, given we have genuine article, he is surplus, also fine w/moving Jones to give mo mins to Robertson and Scanlin

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Buffalo JUST got RJ to sign here; would be pretty bad form to immediately move him.

No issues with the value, but Buffalo wouldn't do it for the aforementioned.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Jack Drury is an NHL player. He played mostly on the 4th line here so far but I think he could end up as a 3C at best. His defensive game is very good and he has good speed. The concern is how much offense he can put up. If he gets no better at offense, he's a good 4th line option for most teams. I think he could improve a little bit with confidence and more experience. He has shown to be a good scored in Europe and the AHL.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Honestly not much, just the first name thing. Rathbone is a pick moving defenseman who so closely resembles Hughes that I think the coach hesitates to put him in the lineup. He has warts like all rookie d, but potential is there, and near ppg in the AHL last year shows it.
What happened this year that he only had 14pts in 27GP? That's a pretty significant dropoff

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Carolina has interest in Ullmark, Hall and/or Gryz I've been excited about the idea of Drury (and Rees for that matter) as one of the pieces involved.

Friedman had this quote at the TDL, so I guess the Bruins have had interest before.

I believe they’ve spoken to the Bruins about Smith, as Boston might incentivize Carolina to do it. They are in the market for a depth defender, too. Before Max Pacioretty’s injury, there were extension conversations, so we will see where that stands. One Hurricanes prospect who's been discussed is Jack Drury.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
To :hawks
C/W Jack Drury

To :canes
D Flip Roos
So an NHL player for an AHL-ish player? Think that'd be an easy pass for the Canes

At least part of it
Appreciate the insight, that's pretty rough for the guy after such a stellar first AHL season. Not sure how interested I (or the Canes) would be though, we've had enough injury-history prospects (Suzuki, Mattheos) that we probably shy away. Honestly, he's probably got more internal value to the Nucks than he would in a trade due to that.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’ve got a hard time believing Drury actually wants out, and suspect this was from earlier in the season when he was buried in the minors. He played a lot in the playoffs and there’s a high chance he’s a regular in the bottom six next year. I think that’s where he has the most value to us as well, I don’t see a straight up trade that makes us better. We should keep him unless he’s part of a bigger trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad