Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
1720372759069.png

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
In all seriousness this is the kind of nepotism you can tolerate. Decently legit prospect, and it ties Jaccob a little more closely to the org. It’s like letting Jared Staal have a throwaway cameo, why the heck not.
We’ve e signed a few older guys this summer. Will never know but I suspect it’s for organizational depth but also to make Wolves management happy too.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He’s 5’8” 159lbs. I personally wouldn’t be in any rush to get him out of college. Unless he’s set on signing and doesn’t want to go back to school I would think it would be good for him to stay in Maine.
I agree, but he’s obviously on the radar for more than just us. If he’s set on signing I think it should be us. I don’t know that I think of him as a pro prospect but I think he’ll probably be a solid AHL player, and he’s a righty center. Bradley may only spend a season down there so this would maybe be their only chance together.

I think he should go all four years and get a degree, but if he’s set on signing somewhere…

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
He’s 5’8” 159lbs. I personally wouldn’t be in any rush to get him out of college. Unless he’s set on signing and doesn’t want to go back to school I would think it would be good for him to stay in Maine.
Josiah Slavin is listed @ 6' 3" 190lbs.
He's put up pretty good numbers in the AHL.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
There's a good chance we're going to have a handful of one ways in Chicago at times this year. A high guarantee is no big deal. He's been a pretty solid AHL player.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Josiah Slavin is listed @ 6' 3" 190lbs.
He's put up pretty good numbers in the AHL.

Wasn’t talking about Slavin. I, and the poster I was replying to, were talking about Josh Nadeau.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Didn't the slavins have some real tight family/friends in chicago going back to their time playing for the steel? Not bad to make good money in an awesome city with folks nearby that can give you that home-ish feeling.

I'm also cool if the high gaurantee is basically the canes treating jaccob and josiah like wcw agreed to deal with the macho man and the genius leapin' lanny poffo.

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad