Ivan Barbashev is breaking out

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
St Louis has been producing very solid players recently - first Kyrou, now Barbashev. Clearly, something is right in Missouri.

Barbashev has scored a Blues-high 24 points (11 goals, 13 assists) in 19 games since Nov. 26. The forward has already set single-season NHL career highs in goals (15), assists (19), points (34), power-play goals (four) and power-play points (eight).

Reactions: SI90

The Professional

Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
St. Louis' scoring depth is insane this year.

I firmly believe that if Pie was still on that team they'd still be a cup favorite.
Apple-Pie-2.jpg

There ya go.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Bit of a mirage in terms of expecting this to hold up…23.5% shooting and his expected offense is out of whack with his points. Also coming at the expense of his even strength defensive metrics.

D221-B75-E-6-ACE-409-F-A915-DF513620-D22-F.jpg

But all that said, he’s certainly been hot and I think if you told Blues fans he’d be producing like this before the season they probably wouldn’t have believed you.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
St. Louis' scoring depth is insane this year.

I firmly believe that if Pie was still on that team they'd still be a cup favorite.

Like the other guy said, the team make up wouldn’t be the same if he was on the team. I prefer ROR as captain too.

Just a nit, but we have never been a cup favorite. Even with Pie.

Reactions: Vektor

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
That forward depth is insane. Even with a few wash-ups like Neal and Bozak. Tarasenko, ROR, Kyrou, Buchnevich, Thomas, Barbashev, Schenn, Perron, and Saad. How? Would hate to be a rookie trying to crack that roster.

Reactions: robbieberns

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
They are in good hands with Kyrou, Thomas, Barbashev, O'Reilly, Schenn, Saad, Buchnevich in the top 9. What let's that excellent group down is an improper defence core that misses a Jackman/Bouwmeester LD to pair next to Parayko. It's a weak defence over there.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The Blues were criticized for protecting Barbashev in the expansion draft.

That said, I think this season will be a one-off. Still fun to watch, though. Reminds me of the rookie playoff series where he centered Tarasenko.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Wouldnt have several of the offensive depth pieces they have if Pietrangelo was still on the team.
That all depends. If we keep Pietrangelo (on another note why do people feel the need to make up nicknames for players? He has never been “Pie” and has always been “Petro”) we probably don’t lose offensive depth because we don’t have Krug or Faulk. If we did have both we lose some depth, like a Saad, but we have a true number one who plays a 200 foot game and we have tons of forward depth anyway.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
They are in good hands with Kyrou, Thomas, Barbashev, O'Reilly, Schenn, Saad, Buchnevich in the top 9. What let's that excellent group down is an improper defence core that misses a Jackman/Bouwmeester LD to pair next to Parayko. It's a weak defence over there.
Guys like Krug, Faulk, and now Perunovich still move the puck very well. Its one of the reasons their transition/counter offense has been so dangerous this year. That said, when opposing teams establish ozone time, things can get pretty hectic in their own end. They definitely could use an upgrade/stay at home type on the left side to help take some defensive pressure off of Parayko.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vektor and mab894

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
They have 4 scoring lines and 9 legit top 6 forwards. Not many teams have their 9 top 6 forwards.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
One of the more underrated players in the NHL. I was very happy we protected him as he has been a key bottom 6 forward for us. I'm ecstatic that he has put it all together this year.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Why do ppl assume he's not gunna stay dangerous offensively? He's buzzing everytime I watch him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad