GDT: It's a great day for hockey!! Pens @ Oilers 9PM EDT, SN1 and TVA Sports

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
A team this dreadful defensively should be great for padding some stats and getting the Oilers big guns a ton of confidence. Genuinely surprised we haven't seen more pucks on Blomqvist so far.
6 shots to 4 so far, I am surprised too. But it’s a game of if you can play sloppy we can play sloppier at the moment.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
L1 bleeding chances, Coach has blinders
I don’t know what Sullivan is expecting, Rust and Sid have been like this together since last season and adding Doc there doesn’t make it better in the slightest. Even when they score, they still give up more goals than they score which one step forward, 2 steps back.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Almost another minus to the great and all powerful Crust duo. They're a mess out there, and I don't think DOC's gonna fix it. :laugh:
1729905957810.png

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I dunno if Petts just had like a solid couple of seasons there and he's regressed back to the shitpile everyone wanted to give away a few years ago, or if he's just playing to stay healthy and make it to the TDL to be dealt, but that dude's f***ing trash this season.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
All he has to do…

Doc, Sid, Raks
Bunting, Geno, Rust

Just try it, ffs…

Maybe Swap Glass and Rust, Sid is not skating back hard Rust is not rushing either, weird not sure what to do there as long as Sid is slow
Rust plays better on Geno’s wing than he does Sid’s and Rakell is a far bigger help to Sid’s line in every way he needs his RW to be, it makes the pair of Doc with Sid more impactful as well.

It’s like Sullivan knows it but refuses to do it because he ignorantly wants the Rust and Sid duo to work.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Getting out shot and owned like this is the norm at this point. The amount of HD Shots Edmonton already has in this game, we’d be down if they went Ned/Blom for the back to back instead of Blom/Ned.

Which means I get to see a shit show tomorrow with Canucks well rested and this D letting them walk in on Ned, fun!

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
All he has to do…

Doc, Sid, Raks
Bunting, Geno, Rust

Just try it, ffs…

Rust plays better on Geno’s wing than he does Sid’s and Rakell is a far bigger help to Sid’s line in every way he needs his RW to be, it makes the pair of Doc with Sid more impactful as well.

It’s like Sullivan knows it but refuses to do it because he ignorantly wants the Rust and Sid duo to work.
Don’t want this Rust on L2 put him on L3 that’s when he starts playing

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Swapping Rust and Rakell is a no-brainer but we must never break up the sacred duo of Sid and Rust. Hell, throw Rust on L3 and give Puljujarvi a shot in the top-6 somewhere. I dunno.

Also, f***, this team's LW situation is in shambles. Just f***ing awful. :laugh: DOC's the best they have and that dude's an okayish to decent 3rd liner. Beau and Bunting are AHL fodder at this point. May as well have Bemstrom or Gruden in their spots, it'd make no difference.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Don’t want this Rust on L2 put him on L3 that’s when he starts playing
Rust’s game is usually better on Geno’s line, historically he’s seemed to play more of the game we were used to from him on his wing. I’d at least try for a period at least before he drops down to L3.

Why does Sullivan look like such a dweeb in that team photo as the only player in his jersey.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
This team is awful let's be real. Old, slow, weak and can barely get any sustained offense anymore. Caved in defensively every other shift. Lucky to be tied.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad