Pre-Game Talk: It won't be a "Par-easy" win, need a good effort or will end up being "Zuckers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Unless of course, the Leafs play better and lose. But then again, I guess that's kind of win in that they do play better but ...

yeah that could happen - (then there is my conspiracy theory of the more poorly we play is the better we are :laugh: ) but they will. (play better - and do better). i think the fact that the entire team has that look of... "crap... how is this happening, we suck." look on their faces, leads me to believe that they're on it.

That's correct. Leaf games on Sportsnet Ontario are blacked out outside the Leafs broadcast region. Just as Flames and Oilers games are blacked out on Sportsnet West outside their shared broadcast region, and so on.

yeah - the guy at the store wasn't explaining that bit to me, he was all like "Oh for sure! you can totally get eastern games with Ontario and East" so when I called them up, the very lovely lady was like, well, only if it's a national game, which I'm assuming as a Leafs fan you'd want everything so it's not the best.

but then she said I may not get all leafs games on centre ice either,so boo.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
ibktbj9.jpg

Tyler Biggs*

You have to think of how good this team is going to be once Clarkson, Kulemin and Fraser get back in, looking good in TO!

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
You have to think of how good this team is going to be once Clarkson, Kulemin and Fraser get back in, looking good in TO!

what spot is fraser going to take?

ranger?

i'd keep the 6 D we have now... and see if ranger can improve. and have fraser as our 7th D.

Tyler Biggs*

Heatley is washed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Just 2 Ontario born players on this roster.

They have a terrible PK.

Great puck possession stats due to their great faceoff percentage.

Also, they let the lowest shots against in the league.

*All stats compiled from the Min-Buf game on TSN2.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
what spot is fraser going to take?

ranger?

i'd keep the 6 D we have now... and see if ranger can improve. and have fraser as our 7th D.

Fraser is more useful then Ranger. We don't have to be patient with Ranger. He's not a prospect. He's cheap. We can't trade him for much. I doubt he'll get that much better. Fraser has proven to be a useful and affective player under Carlyle.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Just 2 Ontario born players on this roster.

They have a terrible PK.

Great puck possession stats due to their great faceoff percentage.

Also, they let the lowest shots against in the league.

*All stats compiled from the Min-Buf game on TSN2.

but they are playing really hard against the boards. (watching the game right now).
it will be an interesting game.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
I'm sure most people here know that Fraser will be right back in the lineup when he's healthy. No way that guy goes straight to the pressbox. Ranger, or Reilly might be sent down to juniors anyways. If we lose a game or two in a row, playing this badly defensively, Carlyle will be happy to get Fraser back and sit someone else.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Fraser adds an element to the current defence that is missing.

I'd sit Ranger first, even though he's starting to come around. It'd help him take a step back and look at how he's doing.

Gardiner or Rielly will sit first, though.

Honestly, if the Leafs could work out a deal where they only send Rielly down if he gets traded to a contender, then I'd do it around the 7 or 8 game mark. That way we could call him up later in the season if it seems like he's stagnated in junior and hopefully continue whatever development was started here.

That'd help give another guy like Brennen or even Liles a chance so we can better evaluate our options.

Just remembered this is a PGT so I'll end it there haha

Tyler Biggs*

Leafs played lousy the other night...But they still won. That's a good sign.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
watching the game today - I think where we could potentially kill the Wild on is their excessive passing. but they do have some speed. it might be an interesting game.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Reimer will probably start one of the next three games.

Either: RBB or BRB.

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
Lame puns eh...

The game could be a "wild" one we'll see, could be especially "Harding" to score many goals depending on who they have in goal. I'm sure Kessels "Cooke(ing)" up a good game plan to score a few though.

Tyler Biggs*

Sure it was sloppy, sure there were mistakes, everyone of the 30 NHL teams have those games throughout the year, the important thing is the Leafs won, at the end of the year they don't ask how you won the games, they ask how many did you win and how many points do you have!

That said, even though Leafs won, and it was exciting to watch how they won, if I were part of the Leafs coaching staff, I'd either learn from key mistakes or just scrap the game from memory. I'd rather see the 4-0 team vs Preds play more often than the 6-5 team from the other night. GLG.

If Lupes can stay healthy all season he is really going to put up some numbers. Bernier a bit of an off night but that happens.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I just finally understood the Par-easy thing :facepalm:

It took me a while to get that too. I was playing golf in GTA 5 and thought that the title had something to do with golf. Then I remembered that Parise wants his name pronounced "par-eazy" instead pf "pur-e-zay"

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Jonas Brodin is an absolute stud of a defenseman.

I would be crying if Boston got him. We lucked out on that one big time.

Hamilton is getting scratched and Brodin plays 25 minutes in all situations and he looks better than Suter on some nights.

Geese_Howard*

This is a 2nd of a back to back game for them. We need to use our speed to attack quickly.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Jonas Brodin is an absolute stud of a defenseman.

I would be crying if Boston got him. We lucked out on that one big time.

Hamilton is getting scratched and Brodin plays 25 minutes in all situations and he looks better than Suter on some nights.

Who's he playing with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad