It looks like Sam Reinhart is slowly becoming who he projected to become

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Not really sure about Drai being the player to compare him to, but I’m glad Sam is doing well.

Drai scored more in the 56 game COVID season than Sam had in his career year. They’re different tiers. Regardless, still happy for the dude.
Not the best comparison, but in fairness, he did get to play the Canadian division and got 20+ points against Ottawa alone

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
He's really taken his game up a notch in Florida. I always thought he'd be a smart 2way center that scores in the 70pt range with career years slightly higher. Becoming an elite goalscoring winger I didn't see.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
He's really taken his game up a notch in Florida. I always thought he'd be a smart 2way center that scores in the 70pt range with career years slightly higher. Becoming an elite goalscoring winger I didn't see.
Even in Buffalo, he was a great shooter. Just, Buffalo things.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Pretty expected. He improved every year in Buffalo and grew with responsibility. Especially the last stretch before being traded he looked really good.
He wanted to extend long term but Botterill and then Adams kicked it down the road.

He's the ex-Buffalo player I'm most happy for.

Similar to Reinhart Mittelstadt has had yearly progression as well. I think he's peak is coming in a couple of years.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
bafflingly scored 57 goals, and then looked like he was on quaaludes for most of the finals, making lazy, careless plays, then scores the cup winner.

Reactions: dalewood12

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Samson was always kind of a quiet RoR. Less flashy, but an incredible knack for scoring in the dirty areas. I think his goal total this year was an anomaly, but still always wondered how he couldn't pot 30-40 a year in Buffalo.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Will be interesting to see if he repeats with another 50 goal season next year. I don't think he does. He will have to take a hometown discount if he wants to stay with Florida and win.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Over the years he’s been an nice little barometer of sorts for me to tell if someone knows what they’re talking about.

Casual or ignorant people watch him and think think he’s slow or dogging it. No, he’s thinking his way through the game at a different level than most players. He’ll take off sooner than everyone else on the ice to get to a puck. He’ll see angles off the boards that nobody else sees. He’s drifting finding space or going to the front of the net at the right time…you don’t need to go 100mph to do these things.

“He’s soft,” but he goes to the net and stays there every single game.

“He can’t shoot” yet scores lots of goals.

All the while he’s a hell of a defensive player, great passer, and has a sick set of hands.

So many people look at the game with video game eyes looking for player ratings and miss the beauty in the cerebral game.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Will be interesting to see if he repeats with another 50 goal season next year. I don't think he does. He will have to take a hometown discount if he wants to stay with Florida and win.
I don't think he does . This was his career year. Still a great player though. If he's looking for over 10 though, he's not gonna get it in Florida.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
His shooting percentage this past season was 24.5%. He fluked his way to 57 goals. Still a very good player, but he’s a 30-35 goal guy in a normal year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad