It’s not too early to fire Kevyn Adams and Lindy Ruff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Skinner wanted (at the time) to play close to his home in southern Ontario. The leafs didn't want to use the cap on him so his only other real option was the Sabres. The fact that we paid him 9 million when we essentially had no competition is another shining example of the incompetence.

And for the Eichel thing, he requested a trade before the health issue. He was already tired of this organization. The house needs to be completely cleaned. Need a new owner to come in and to fire legit everyone and start from scratch. In the words of Mike Ehrmantraut, "no more half measures."
The Eichel point I'm making isn't about Eichel himself and his feelings towards the organization, it's that every other player in the league watched that play out, and it let them know in no uncertain terms that Buffalo management simply did not respect players on a basic, human level.

Any player with a choice in where they play is going to think about that before signing a contract with Buffalo. Ultimately, that culture begins at the very top with ownership, but if ownership wants to change their image it has to begin with a total purge of the front office.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Eichel point I'm making isn't about Eichel himself and his feelings towards the organization, it's that every other player in the league watched that play out, and it let them know in no uncertain terms that Buffalo management simply did not respect players on a basic, human level.

Any player with a choice in where they play is going to think about that before signing a contract with Buffalo. Ultimately, that culture begins at the very top with ownership, but if ownership wants to change their image it has to begin with a total purge of the front office.
The thing that bothers me about this is that at least 75-80% of teams in that position would've done the same exact thing and everyone knows this. Even funnier is that he went to Vegas, the most ruthless won't hesitate to f*** over anyone if they think it benefits them team in the league.

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
People like to think of Lindy as a coach who can instill toughness in a roster however people forget how neutered his Sabre teams were in his last few seasons in his first tenure.

Still can’t get over they willingly hired a coach who missed the playoffs in 8 of his last 11 seasons.

This organization is doomed.

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Adams should have been fired years ago. This is a culture problem and you need to cut off the head of the snake.

Ruff cant and shouldnt be blamed after 5 games.

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Ive made post after post on this topic and at this point its laughable, but it all started after Eichel thinking the "Rebuild" was done once he was drafted. One more year of sucking and some luck and instead of Nylander in 2016 they have Matthews, Laine, PLD, Tkachuk, or Keller. Then the next season same thing, instead of Mittlestadt they could have Hischier, Heiskanen, Makar, or Pettersson.

A lot of woulda coulda shoulda and then they were screwed the second they signed Skinner, but to me it all started with "trying" too soon after losing out on McDavid.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'd give Ruff a bit more.

Adams is probably an off-season firing.

I wonder if the Sabres look to deal a roster player for roster as sort of a shake up and maybe a message sent to the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad