It’s not too early to fire Kevyn Adams and Lindy Ruff

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Honestly, everything you wrote is also speculation by you. Seems real weird to call out people for doing the same thing you are.

I'm calling out the notion that no coach except Ruff was going to come to Buffalo because of ownership.

It's nonsense. Coaches don't have the leverage to pick and choose ownership groups.

And of course I'm speculating. Never said otherwise. So far Ruff is looking like another bad hire. Try to argue or debate that. Dinosaur coach that hasnt had good results in over a decade.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm calling out the notion that no coach except Ruff was going to come to Buffalo because of ownership.

It's nonsense. Coaches don't have the leverage to pick and choose ownership groups.

And of course I'm speculating. Never said otherwise. So far Ruff is looking like another bad hire. Try to argue or debate that. Dinosaur coach that hasnt had good results in over a decade.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
The team right out of the lockout was insane ... Drury, Briere, Miller, Campbell, Kotalik, Vanek, Pominville, Hecht, Roy, Afinogenov...
Yup, didn't last long though. That trade for Briere before the lockout was key. IIRC, they gave up Chris Gratton for him. Briere was clutch in the playoffs. They were built for speed at a time when the NHL was cracking down on clutching and grabbing. Perfect timing.

Losing Briere and Drury was a dagger in the heart. It wasn't the same without them.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

So the horrible owner made a great head coach hire. The cultural rot that seems to exist in the locker room has nothing to do with Lindy Ruff apparently.

This is the type of enabling that allows the peace of losing to exist in the first place.

The Sabres needed a culture change coach. Something new something different. Instead they hired a past his prime over-rated coach.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
So the horrible owner made a great head coach hire. The cultural rot that seems to exist in the locker room has nothing to do with Lindy Ruff apparently.

This is the type of enabling that allows the peace of losing to exist in the first place.

The Sabres needed a culture change coach. Something new something different. Instead they hired a past his prime over-rated coach.
Considering the rot has been in here for 13 years and Lindy has been the coach for what? 6 games? Yea it's likely the cultural rot has nothing to do with Lindy. I am really unsure how you can even argue otherwise. Or did Lindy use his big bad time travelling device to go back and make ROR fall out of love with the game and make Eichel request a trade? Sneaky sneaky Lindy.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
And bring in someone who has no ties to the area or the team and has won consistently in this league.

This franchise is so incompetent in every decision they make.
The owner only cares about having a puppet in charge. He hired a man with no front office experience 9 years into a drought because he had worked in other areas for him. He doesn’t give a solitary f*** about winning. He doesn’t answer questions so he never has to deal with it. Adams is an unqualified Puppetman meant to smile and try to sell hope to morons while actively destroying the market.

If Pegula had any interest in experience leading the franchise he wouldn’t have hired the least experienced person to run it. He doesn’t care. Adams went in day one and gutted the hockey department for him. He then spent the least amount of money in the league the last three seasons. The only thing that could get him in trouble is spending money…..but we’ve already seen him buyout Skinner to save cash while creating a fake cap hit further preventing him from spending real money for the next six years. Mittelstadt needed a contract? Goodbye Mittelstadt.

Things won’t change. They won’t get better. They will, in fact, get worse.

Why is Lindy back? In hopes to sell tickets while paying him as little as possible because Jersey picks up most of the tab.

The Sabres owner is a grifter who is waiting on his next league expansion checks while watching a team he purchased rise in value from the 190 million he paid to 750 million while having zero success and claiming poverty. He is the worst owner in the history of this sport. He has owned the team for 13 full years…13 seasons have begun under his ownership. They have missed the playoffs every single one of them.

And what’s the buzz about town? That if things get bad enough…he will PROMOTE KEVYN ADAMS and let someone from inside the organization take the GM title.

It is impossible to overstate what this man has done to this hockey franchise, this fanbase or this hockey market.

Any suggestion that the snake rots anywhere but from the head is misinformed, misguided, or flat out bullshit.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Buffalo is Edmonton with out the winning history. Keep going back to the well of old personel in the hopes something will change.
Umm... no? How are these comparable? Or, do you mean Edmonton, like, 10 years ago?

The Oilers' issue during the c.2006-07 to 2015-16 period was management and coaching (but mostly management). By contrast, it has become clear that the Sabres' issue is team ownership.

I do wish the Sabres would become good again. From a few years after the franchise's inception (1972-73, to be exact) up to about 2010-11 or so, it was a remarkably successful franchise (other than not quite getting a Cup win) with a passionate fanbase. They have an exciting history and awesome uniforms.

Gotta get rid of the Pegulas.

Reactions: sabremike

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Why can't people understand that such a thing has ZERO chance of happening because every player in the entire league worth trading for has a NMC and will block a trade to Buffalo. Kevyn From Accounting shit in his bed and now has to lay in it.
Honestly, this is one thing that astonished me about the Skinner buyout. He had a NMC with the Canes, and he *chose* Buffalo as his destination. He wanted to play there. He picked his destination and re-signed.

And yeah, he was overpaid, but he isn't a bad player. If you want other players to come to Buffalo when they have a choice, that's the kind of guy you want to keep around.

That said, the Eichel situation alone was probably more than enough to utterly destroy any credibility the organization had with players. Can't completely spit on a player's right to control his own health and expect a lot of respect from players with any choice in where they play at all. Just for that alone, it's probably worth firing Adams and most of upper management and hiring people players might actually respect.

Reactions: TheDawnOfANewTage

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I find the Sabres kinda fascinating. There is almost like a Theseus ship of stink and losing that has bonded them over the 2010’s and 2020’s. It doesn’t matter the players they have and they’ve had some good ones, the losing culture just clings to them. People seems to think the Sabres are ready to turn the corner but they never do. If I was a Sabres fan I’d hope for a complete overhaul if they can’t make the playoffs in the next two years. Start completely fresh and get that Sabres-stink out of there even if it means trading your best players. New players, new coach, new GM, a whole new organization built over ~3 seasons

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Honestly, this is one thing that astonished me about the Skinner buyout. He had a NMC with the Canes, and he *chose* Buffalo as his destination. He wanted to play there. He picked his destination and re-signed.

And yeah, he was overpaid, but he isn't a bad player. If you want other players to come to Buffalo when they have a choice, that's the kind of guy you want to keep around.

That said, the Eichel situation alone was probably more than enough to utterly destroy any credibility the organization had with players. Can't completely spit on a player's right to control his own health and expect a lot of respect from players with any choice in where they play at all. Just for that alone, it's probably worth firing Adams and most of upper management and hiring people players might actually respect.

Damn, well when you say it like that- seriously, well-worded explanation, hadn’t really thought of how deep that mistake goes. I did with the Eichel one, now I’m just numb to it. What I find interesting is how the fans turned on Skinner outta nowhere. His play has been up and down for years, but suddenly some wanted buyout most just when that’s what the owner wanted. Our roster is sooo much better now though, just like they said it’d be /s. Seriously though, I wonder if Pegula leaked somethin to the media, then these chowderheads latched onto it like it wasn’t just about saving money. Congrats, now no one wants to play there.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Skinner wanted (at the time) to play close to his home in southern Ontario. The leafs didn't want to use the cap on him so his only other real option was the Sabres. The fact that we paid him 9 million when we essentially had no competition is another shining example of the incompetence.

And for the Eichel thing, he requested a trade before the health issue. He was already tired of this organization. The house needs to be completely cleaned. Need a new owner to come in and to fire legit everyone and start from scratch. In the words of Mike Ehrmantraut, "no more half measures."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad