It’s not too early to fire Kevyn Adams and Lindy Ruff

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
The Bills are winning despite Beane and McDermortt, not because of them. If Josh Allen developed into another JP Losman instead of the top 3 QB he is, the Bills would be bottom feeders to middling at best. Allen is a Super Bowl quality QB but he'll never touch one because of who's running the show.

The Sabres need, more than anything, an executive to come in rebuild the whole franchise. That is how bad it is. Pay Brian Burke as a consultant for 3 years to go out and find a president, rebuild the scouting department, get a new GM, and coach, etc. Most importantly, the Pegulas should be kept at arms length from all of it. Short of that, I can't fathom this francise ever recovering.
Won’t hear a disagreement from me on that but I didn’t feel like getting into the weeds about the Bills too

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Our only hope is Lindy Ruff starts to undermine Adams.

Whats Regier up to these days?

Maybe we can unite the old band?

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Players, coaches, and GMs have been regularly acquired and abandoned during the 13 and counting years of futility. There has been a singular constant.

But the Sabres are Pegula's plaything and he's not giving it up, nor admitting blame. The disaster will continue.

1729274738195.png

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Players, coaches, and GMs have been regularly acquired and abandoned during the 13 and counting years of futility. There has been a singular constant.

But the Sabres are Pegula's plaything and he's not giving it up, nor admitting blame. The disaster will continue.
It truly does all start at the top.

Sabres fans need to make relentless "Pegula's momma" jokes and bully him in to selling the team

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Adams, I agree.

Lindy yes it is to early he JUST got hired, this isn't his fault.

Buffalo needs credibility in the GM chair though.

They haven't had a GM with credibility in at least a decade.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
guys you’re doing it wrong, October is the “THIS is the season the Sabres make it” month, save this thread for April.

Reactions: chi777

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
When your newly appointed (clearly immature) captain tries to hip-check seriously injure) a team-mate at practice it speaks volumes about the organization no matter how party-whips spin it.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There are horrible owners who are simply horrible people (Ballard, U-Gene, Old Man Wirtz ect.), Terry's problem is that he's dumber than a bag of pucks and is incapable of understanding that he's the problem.

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
If by the end of October the Sabres have six or seven points - before anyone is fired - there will be a couple of big "shake up" trades. Can't wait to see who might be included.

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
Buffalo is Edmonton with out the winning history. Keep going back to the well of old personel in the hopes something will change.
The Sabres do not have a Cup winning history, but - if you look far enough back - they do have a history of over-achieving. Punch Imlach had the Sabres in the Stanley Cup Final in their fifth season. Later - with Dominik Hasek and lots of sandpaper - they were over-achievers. Being a fan of the Sabres was fun - once upon a time.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
The Sabres do not have a Cup winning history, but - if you look far enough back - they do have a history of over-achieving. Punch Imlach had the Sabres in the Stanley Cup Final in their fifth season. Later - with Dominik Hasek and lots of sandpaper - they were over-achievers. Being a fan of the Sabres was fun - once upon a time.
Before the drought they were something like the 4th winningest team since their inception. All ruined.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If by the end of October the Sabres have six or seven points - before anyone is fired - there will be a couple of big "shake up" trades. Can't wait to see who might be included.
Why can't people understand that such a thing has ZERO chance of happening because every player in the entire league worth trading for has a NMC and will block a trade to Buffalo. Kevyn From Accounting shit in his bed and now has to lay in it.

Ruff was the wrong hire. Knew it from the moment it happened.
Tell us who the right hire would've been?

You understand that almost anyone who gets a call from Pegula laughs and hangs up the phone right?

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Tell us who the right hire would've been?

You understand that almost anyone who gets a call from Pegula laughs and hangs up the phone right?

It's honestly just speculation by you. Most coaches jump at any opportunity given to them because of the nature of the job.

They needed to hire some energy. A new voice that has motivation to change the culture of the team.

I don't know the list of available coaches but saying Ruff was the best available option is proving to be wrong. It's the same old story in Buffalo - none of the players are accountable and there's no system for the team to fall back on when things start spiraling. What exactly is impressive about Ruff's resume? His career has hit a dead end he's getting no results. He was hired because he has a ton of experience...and that's it. He was getting lit up in New Jersey as well.

Buffalo fans like yourself are a bit strange on this. I mean you admit ownership is a complete joke but you sit here and try to support the coaching hire they made. So are they horrible owners that made the right call on a coach? Canuck fans were lucky enough to witness a.coaching hire that completely changed the direction of the organization - coaches have a larger impact than most fans realize.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It's honestly just speculation by you. Most coaches jump at any opportunity given to them because of the nature of the job.

They needed to hire some energy. A new voice that has motivation to change the culture of the team.

I don't know the list of available coaches but saying Ruff was the best available option is proving to be wrong. It's the same old story in Buffalo - none of the players are accountable and there's no system for the team to fall back on when things start spiraling. What exactly is impressive about Ruff's resume? His career has hit a dead end he's getting no results. He was hired because he has a ton of experience...and that's it. He was getting lit up in New Jersey as well.

Buffalo fans like yourself are a bit strange on this. I mean you admit ownership is a complete joke but you sit here and try to support the coaching hire they made. So are they horrible owners that made the right call on a coach? Canuck fans were lucky enough to witness a.coaching hire that completely changed the direction of the organization - coaches have a larger impact than most fans realize.
If they didn't hire Ruff (whose bad end in Jersey after their breakout season was probably related to all his best players being injured and the worst goaltending tandem in the league) they would've hired Seth Appert (currently the mastermind of the worst power play in the entire sport). Remember some guy named Ron Rolston? Yeah, that's basically Seth Appert. And I really don't think you understand just how toxic Pegula is within the sport, the word around the league is that working for him is a career death sentence.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
It's never too early for a "Fire Lindy" chant. It took the Devils fans 2 games to do it. The Sabres are 6 games in now, what's taking them so long? It's the only chance of a 10 game winning streak to save the season.
They don't have enough people who care that come to the games as often.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Yet another slow start. This team can go burn in the fiery depths.

I had hope back in 21-22 when everyone thought that we would be a contender for #1OA after gutting the team and we end up being surprisingly competitive most nights. That gave me hope for the following season. We ended up missing the playoffs by 1 point the very next year in 2022-2023 with a high flying and exciting team. This gave most of us even more cautious optimism that we would finally break the drought in 23-24.

Then damn near every single player regressed last year and our PP tuned into a rotten pumpkin ( still is ) . We end up trading the only productive forward we had and missed the playoffs again by an even bigger deficit.

This year and we're off to a 1-4-1 start. I don't care if it's early. This BS happens every single year and I'm just sick of it. f*** this team ,f*** Kevyn Adams and f*** Terry for life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad