Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Wilde + 1st is a price I would consider. I'm not keen on giving something away for a rental either but this could be the year to do it. Plus, we'd have 5 months to sell him on LI....assuming we want to/are able to sign him. Maybe we only sign Barzal for 3 years and bring his AAV down a couple mil in order to try and get Hall signed? Dunno if there is a plan to do that but if the team thinks that there is at least a chance to get him extended (both on our end and on his), I would at least consider that price. My guess is that package won't do it, so its probably academic, but its worth considering at least.

The thing about Hall is that I don't want him long term. Maybe I'm crazy, but he's going to command top dollar like another guy did in Toronto and he's had injury issues in his career. He's only played 82 games once in his entire ten year career.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The thing about Hall is that I don't want him long term. Maybe I'm crazy, but he's going to command top dollar like another guy did in Toronto and he's had injury issues in his career. He's only played 82 games once in his entire ten year career.
I agree....I think. If the team decided they want to go after him, I wouldn't say no. They know more than I do, but I'm not as bullish on him as I was on Panarin. I would have broke the bank for Panarin and worried about moving pieces later

I can only assume though that if we do go after him, the team at least thinks there is a chance he signs here and that they have interest in signing him. If he's just a pure rental, I imagine the team will not jump into the sweepstakes. And being that there's no indication that we have (other than the speculation that we need him), I suspect the team is not interested in him long term.....at least at the price he'll command.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Agreed, Hall doesn't have the stability and endurance to give top dollar to. I feel like he would be another but more expensive Ladd-type of contract for whoever he goes to.

Panarin was the best option for us, and he would've fit in our roster seamlessly. A shame he was dead set on going to the Rags.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Agreed, Hall doesn't have the stability and endurance to give top dollar to. I feel like he would be another but more expensive Ladd-type of contract for whoever he goes to.

Panarin was the best option for us, and he would've fit in our roster seamlessly. A shame he was dead set on going to the Rags.

in hind sight if he was more interested in quality of life and big city lights than winning and money...maybe he wasnt the right fit for this team.

silly, i know. he'd have been perfect.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I agree....I think. If the team decided they want to go after him, I wouldn't say no. They know more than I do, but I'm not as bullish on him as I was on Panarin. I would have broke the bank for Panarin and worried about moving pieces later

I can only assume though that if we do go after him, the team at least thinks there is a chance he signs here and that they have interest in signing him. If he's just a pure rental, I imagine the team will not jump into the sweepstakes. And being that there's no indication that we have (other than the speculation that we need him), I suspect the team is not interested in him long term.....at least at the price he'll command.

Would I be devastated adding a player of his caliber? Absolutely not. Do I think it's wise? No. I think he's worth around $8 or $9 million but he'll get more than that.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Reading between the lines, it's clear to me that an American GM will let an American prospect go to help the chances of Team USA win the tournament. Dobson ain't going anywhere, because that will only help the Canadian team.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Interesting timing that Wally gets loaned to team USA and the isles let JHS back. Lol

you’d almost think they needed a RW lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad