Rumor: Isles Inquired About Ehlers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Been speculating about this one from an NYI perspective for a while. Pulock for Ehlers straight up get it done as a straight hockey trade?

I think given the contract status just a straight one for one seems fine. The NTC is a bit of an issue - I know Pulock is from Manitoba but that can be just as much of a detriment to waiving the NTC as a benefit. I do know of one local Winnipeg player who said at one point he would not want to play here.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think given the contract status just a straight one for one seems fine. The NTC is a bit of an issue - I know Pulock is from Manitoba but that can be just as much of a detriment to waiving the NTC as a benefit. I do know of one local Winnipeg player who said at one point he would not want to play here.

Whispers around Pulock is that he's marrying a Long Island girl and is building a house on the Island. Seems to really like LI.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Whispers around Pulock is that he's marrying a Long Island girl and is building a house on the Island. Seems to really like LI.
You just never know. But, most of the time for players, if you are choosing between location where you and your SO have family, it typically leans to the SO's side of the family, mainly because the player is traveling during the season and it's easier for the SO to get help with children from their side of the family.

But, we saw AP leave STL who his SO is from and they have triplets.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
You just never know. But, most of the time for players, if you are choosing between location where you and your SO have family, it typically leans to the SO's side of the family, mainly because the player is traveling during the season and it's easier for the SO to get help with children from their side of the family.

If Pulock were to waive, I'm sure Winnipeg would be at the top of the list and probably the only place he would want to leave LI for. I just see it as unlikely right now considering his value as a RHD aside from whatever personal stuff there may be. Competent RHD's carry big value.

If the Isles really do pursue Ehlers, I would think it would be a futures based package.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Yeah there was something reported before he re-signed that he wanted to come back here and then he shut all that up with a 7 year deal in LI.

Re: the return otherwise, can the Isles afford Ehlers contract without shipping money out? Winnipeg I don't think is interested in futures.

Reactions: StumpyTown

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I mean... seems reasonable ...and logical

But I wouldn't trust a word coming out of anyone or anything associated with The Hockey News

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Brock Nelson is right from Warroad. Closer to Winnipeg than Minneapolis

I’m I’m not talking to specifically for this deal with heelers, but I always thought Brock Nelson would be a good fit for the Jets

Reactions: Thechozen1

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Brock Nelson is right from Warroad. Closer to Winnipeg than Minneapolis

I’m I’m not talking to specifically for this deal with heelers, but I always thought Brock Nelson would be a good fit for the Jets

Maybe a few years ago, but he's 33 in October and has an NTC anyway. Maybe as a rental type deal but not an offseason one unless it's cheap.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If the Isles really do pursue Ehlers, I would think it would be a futures based package.
Isles need to free up some cap space. And like you said RHD hold more value than a skilled, smaller winger who has typically maxed out in the 60 point range, when he's managed to stay healthy. Ehlers has what like only 3 seasons out of 9 where he's played 75 games plus?

So, have to send someone out, whether it's in this trade or another. Maybe a reason they picked up a 2nd in that Chicago draft pick swap. As a sweetener to move someone out?

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Lou would not move Pulock for Ehlers regardless of contracts. Pulock is still a very good top 4 RD that excels in the playoffs. The only top 4 defenseman I could see the isles moving is Pelech.

Reactions: StewPete

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Lou would not move Pulock for Ehlers regardless of contracts. Pulock is still a very good top 4 RD that excels in the playoffs. The only top 4 defenseman I could see the isles moving is Pelech.

And I don't think the Jets would be interested in trading Ehlers for a 30 year old (when the season starts) left shot defencemen; they'd be looking to fill a position of need.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

One thing we learned about Pajama Boy is who wore the pants in that household . . . and who was stuck with the pajamas

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
And I don't think the Jets would be interested in trading Ehlers for a 30 year old (when the season starts) left shot defencemen; they'd be looking to fill a position of need.

Makes sense, I think tve only viable option would be futures from the isles. Otherwise I don’t see who the isles realistically give up for Ehlers, and if it were futures the isles would have to dump a contract like Pageau to a 3rd team.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Pulock were to waive, I'm sure Winnipeg would be at the top of the list and probably the only place he would want to leave LI for. I just see it as unlikely right now considering his value as a RHD aside from whatever personal stuff there may be. Competent RHD's carry big value.

Problem is that the Isles have such a weak prospect pool. Beyond the TB 1st this year, what else do they have to offer in terms of valuable futures? Maybe Nelson, but he seems like more of a B/C prospect.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
They're not pajamas, but this photo from his childhood could be a problem (Pulock's dad was an Isles fan so this could neutralize the Manitoba connection). ;)

1718135085134.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad