GDT: ISLES @ HABS | HOF vs HOF | Thurs. Jan. 25, 2024, 7PM ET -- TSN2, RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How long will the standing O for Patrick Roy be, at the Bell Centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs coming off 3 consecutive losses, by gaps of 3 or more goals -- all against hated rivals, including the Sens twice.

They can't defend right now but they also can't score as they rank 31st in the league for goals by forwards.

In the midst of their turbulence, Patrick Roy, the Isles and a bevy of cameras arrive in Montreal for what should be an epic night of standing ovations and adulation for the controversial head coach whose name hangs in the rafters of the Bell Centre.

When's the last time that two HOFs faced each other as head coaches of NHL teams?

Marty has nothing but respect for Roy and the latter has taken steps not to make tomorrow's game about himself.

Both Marty and Roy could be doing something else with their time but instead of that ...

3dbKj94.gif

So which Marty and which Patrick are we going to see tomorrow? Well, one of them is trying to stomach how best to deal with the misfortunes of his battered team of late and his face has begun showing it.

bXet4Nn.jpg

fnSOpIn.gif

As for the opposing head coach, we don't quite know what we're going to get although we've seen excerpts of the way he has been running practices with his new team and he seems as animated and vocal as ever.

KYwZMIZ.gif

Adding insult to injury, was that pre-game ceremony at the TD Gahdens last Saturday, where a commemorative banner that could best be described as some crap the crass Sens org might dream up, not the Bruins, was raised to the rafters.

The banner smacked of a poorly veiled shot across the bow that attempted to ridicule the Habs as this type of ceremony was a major reach at best.

That whole get-up will be remembered when the Habs become competitive again and will gladly help inspire a brand new "jinx" for our beloved Booins.

In the meantime, take this!

hNxFRLd.gif

We all get how Marty doesn't have the players to win consistently but you have to ask if he's well surrounded.

Several of us have been wondering what that dude Letowski is really doing behind the Habs bench.

BbJb9LM.gif

@Apoplectic Habs Fan has dubbed Letowski, "Tablet Man", and is convinced that the guy, just like the main character in Office Space, is paid to do nothing. The tablet that Letowski is seen holding game in and game out -- well, @Apoplectic Habs Fan believes is mostly for Letowski to indulge in his favorite activity, playing Angry Birds.

Perhaps the movie Office Space is not the best representation of Letowski.

What if ... Letowski's relaxed, laid back demeanor was really on account of perceiving himself as "The Dude"?

The Dude abides misguides?

AZHHFGd.png

LINEUPS

d4M6A1K.gif

Last edited:

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Watching for Roy.

People are excited for this match but something tells me it's going to be a very boring 3-1 loss with both teams playing super conservatively.

Reactions: Runner77 and zx81

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
After marty's pathetic post game excuse filled presser anythings possible (marty...it's a tough league,hey marty why is your team 2-8 within your division..marty...it's a tough division) :badidea:,the team looks like a bunch of confused headless chickens.Thanks Kent/Jeff for a product that i would not pay 2 cents to watch and please stop with the rebuild bullshit excuse ,your team is regressing not progressing.

Last edited:
Reactions: teamfirst

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
After marty's pathetic post game excuse filled presser anythings possible (marty...it's a tough league,hey marty why is your team 2-8 within your division..marty...it's a tough division) :badidea:,the team looks like a bunch of confused headless chickens.Thanks Kent/Jeff for a product that i would not pay 2 cents to watch and please stop with the rebuild bullshit excuse ,your team is regressing not progressing.

You haven't seen the team they built yet......did somebody shit in your cereal this morning?

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
You haven't seen the team they built yet......did somebody shit in your cereal this morning?
No i just don’t have a rose pair of glasses handy :laugh: but next time i build a foundation for a home i think I’ll hire a rookie crew and just hope for the best;)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
No i just don’t have a rose pair of glasses handy :laugh: but next time i build a foundation for a home i think I’ll hire a rookie crew and just hope for the best;)

Gorton has more experience than the 4 last GM combined......but a rose pair of glasses won't show you the team they've built cause no one is able to see it, not even them.

Slafkovksy - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - Anderson

That's the top 6 they've built so far, you've seen that for 4 periods in your lifetime, but go ahead judge what they have built even if you can't see it.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Gorton has more experience than the 4 last GM combined......but a rose pair of glasses won't show you the team they've built cause no one is able to see it, not even them.

Slafkovksy - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - Anderson

That's the top 6 they've built so far, you've seen that for 4 periods in your lifetime, but go ahead judge what they have built even if you can't see it.
Sorry oh all knowing wise one but I’ll rely on my own opinion after watching hockey for over 40 years and quite a few ex nhl players that don’t like what there seeing right now with this team,is that you Stu :naughty:

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Haven't watched the last 3 and will not watch this one.
I am a Habs fan who can no longer stomach the "rebuild".

Will gladly watch the Laval Rocket to get my hockey fix.
!

YOU MUST WATCH THE SHITTY YEARS (Like Kaiden Guhle pictured below)

1706190458395.png

You cant just come at the end and enjoy the party!
If you want a seat in the Stanley Cup Parade, the price is joining us now as we wade our way through the gutter

One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Sorry oh all knowing wise one but I’ll rely on my own opinion after watching hockey for over 40 years and quite a few ex nhl players that don’t like what there seeing right now with this team,is that you Stu :naughty:

Who cares about ex-NHL players? Majority are dumb as f***.

Team's doing fine. This is only our 2nd season into an actual rebuild. This is what an early rebuild looks like. We're still waiting out Bergevin's contracts to veterans to turn over the team.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Both teams will be defending like mad men. Isles get the win 3 - 2 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd.
Habs haven't been able to play defense for 3 games in a row and outside of the Avs game, haven't played well defensively since December.

Islander will have their highest scoring game of the season tonight. <= I wrote that before checking their highest scoring game of the season, a 7-3 win against Columbus...:laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Habs coming off 3 consecutive losses, by gaps of 3 or more goals -- all against hated rivals, including the Sens twice.

They can't defend right now but they also can't score as they rank 31st in the league for goals by forwards.

In the midst of their turbulence, Patrick Roy, the Isles and a bevy of cameras arrive in Montreal for what should be an epic night of standing ovations and adulation for the controversial head coach whose name hangs in the rafters of the Bell Centre.

When's the last time that two HOFs faced each other as head coaches of NHL teams?

Marty has nothing but respect for Roy and the latter has taken steps not to make tomorrow's game about himself.

Both Marty and Roy could be doing something else with their time but instead of that ...

3dbKj94.gif

So which Marty and which Patrick are we going to see tomorrow? Well, one of them is trying to stomach how best to deal with the misfortunes of his battered team of late and his face has begun showing it.

bXet4Nn.jpg

fnSOpIn.gif

As for the opposing head coach, we don't quite know what we're going to get although we've seen excerpts of the way he has been running practices with his new team and he seems as animated and vocal as ever.

KYwZMIZ.gif

Adding insult to injury, was that pre-game ceremony at the TD Gahdens last Saturday, where a commemorative banner that could best be described as some crap the crass Sens org might dream up, not the Bruins, was raised to the rafters.

The banner smacked of a poorly veiled shot across the bow that attempted to ridicule the Habs as this type of ceremony was a major reach at best.

That whole get-up will be remembered when the Habs become competitive again and will gladly help inspire a brand new "jinx" for our beloved Booins.

In the meantime, take this!

hNxFRLd.gif

We all get how Marty doesn't have the players to win consistently but you have to ask if he's well surrounded.

Several of us have been wondering what that dude Letowski is really doing behind the Habs bench.

BbJb9LM.gif

@Apoplectic Habs Fan has dubbed Letowski, "Tablet Man", and is convinced that the guy, just like the main character in Office Space, is paid to do nothing. The tablet that Letowski is seen holding game in and game out -- well, @Apoplectic Habs Fan believes is mostly for Letowski to indulge in his favorite activity, playing Angry Birds.

Perhaps the movie Office Space is not the best representation of Letowski.

What if ... Letowski's relaxed, laid back demeanor was really on account of perceiving himself as "The Dude"?

The Dude abides misguides?

AZHHFGd.png

LINEUPS TBA

d4M6A1K.gif
There Runner, was that so hard?

Lol... nice GDT! Missed them. Guess you got fired, eh? ;)

I would be okay with as much camera time as possible devoted to Roy, it's like a relief of sorts. I wonder if Roy has any connection to Dan Petry?
Jeff Petry's father that played for the Tigers?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Hahahahahahaha fans like you are why the organisation has been spinning their wheels for years ,

Did you prefer the embarassing Gainey/Bergevin rosters? I can't believe how high and mighty some habs fans are about the *on ice product* , do you guys watch other hockey than the habs? The on ice product has been garbage for 20 years literally bottom 1 in the entire league in offensive on ice product. You gotta be kidding me with comments like this. I swear habs fans think we had a good team in the 21st century , they are so delusional.

You must have wanted Dubois on the team! Win now! Fight for 8th place!!!!!! Do you miss Patches and DD? :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Anyways I hope we get smacked up tonight , the tank is on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad