Pre-Game Talk: Isles at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
A bit giddy and overexcited with how things have gone off late, I’ll admit it, can’t get enough of leaf games. I want the leafs to absolutely cream the Isles. Let’s go!!

Travis Dermott on the 14-4-1 start under Sheldon Keefe: “There’s a lot of ways I can try to explain it, but just fun is the way that does it the most justice. The boys are just doing our thing, we’re supporting each other and then we’re given the freedom … to use our skill."

76D07E90-2493-4248-B91F-37A1F68A11A6.jpeg

Bang Bang!

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Be an interesting test. The Isles are great defensively, so we will see if the high flying offense the Leafs have can crack that defense. Or if the Leafs will fall victim to their turnovers, because the Isles will be sure to capitalize on them.

That being said the Isles are not a big possession team and so as long as the Leafs are smart with their puck management, they should be able to control the game.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think we will control the puck and game. But it will be much harder to get to the dirty areas with Isles. I suspect Tavares and Hyman will be able to push through it.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Marner & Matthews have been a little off from a big game so i expect them two to explode again. We could rock the best defensive team in the league here and send a nice little message ;)

Reactions: definedMF and glue

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
That fanbase needs to lose!

I don't dislike many fanbases (minus a few really great posters) as much as I do with the Islanders. It's the type of game that of we lose, I can't even look at HFBoards.

Reactions: DirkStraun

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Marner & Matthews have been a little off from a big game so i expect them two to explode again. We could rock the best defensive team in the league here and send a nice little message ;)

Was thinking the same thing, Matthews is going to score a goal, it’s a near guarantee

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Isles haven't been nearly as good this season at preventing scoring chances/shots, their goaltending has just been fantastic.

5v5 they're:
5th in GA/60
28th in CA/60
17th in xGA/60
4th in SV%

So yeah, we *should* pummel them, its just a question if we're going to be facing a goalie that stands on his head- like we always seem to be against.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Undeniable force meets the immovable object. Should be interesting.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Can't wait to watch us play the Isles with a real coach who doesn't stifle the shit out of his own team to try and win 2-1 hockey games.

Isles don't have the talent we do...they make up with their hard work. We just need to play our game and we'll come out on top with the way we've been playing.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What I want out of this game is a blow out where JT scores 3. Just put these guys in their place and then we can move on from them for good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad