Value of: Islanders rebuild

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
And then we flip Barzal, along with Lafreniere, Othmann, Pearreault, Schneider, and five of the six 6ths to Toronto for Matthews and Marner.

Our top line is Matthews-Rempe-Marner.
earns a like b'c good for a laugh
would consider exception to the rule to add for Matthews, but marner would have to be flipped
he is too soft, butter soft
While Rempe counterbalances, still, no to the Mitch man

What would jg pageau cost
could be a good add for
ducks

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Tough start to the rebuild when the backup goalie is getting a raise from 4M to 8M.

The roster is really locked in. Maybe they have an older vet sign on for minimum but not many options.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
earns a like b'c good for a laugh
would consider exception to the rule to add for Matthews, but marner would have to be flipped
he is too soft, butter soft
While Rempe counterbalances, still, no to the Mitch man

could be a good add for
ducks
We def need a faceoff guy for our bottom 6…. Hell maybe he can teach the young centers some tricks

Reactions: bernmeister

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Their last rebuild, that last what, 10 years? Gave them 2 decent years, now they have to start again. That’s horrible.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Going to channel my inner Bern….

1 conditional 3rd, 4 4th’s, 6 6ths, , Goodrow @9% and 39 months of free soda to the Isles team for Barzal @50%.

How much can this free soda thing be? Let's say the organization consumes $1k worth of soda/day. 39 months are 1186 days. So it's about $1.2M... yeah, not worth it.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
What would jg pageau cost
I guess it all depends on the cap space available to the acquiring team - he's at 5mm AAV for the next two (2024-25 & 2025-26) but he would definitely be available.

Isles have a glut of Centers and they need to free cap space elsewhere. Would you be looking for retention because that affects the ask.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I guess it all depends on the cap space available to the acquiring team - he's at 5mm AAV for the next two (2024-25 & 2025-26) but he would definitely be available.

Isles have a glut of Centers and they need to free cap space elsewhere. Would you be looking for retention because that affects the ask.
Anaheim wouldn’t need retention we have plenty of cap space until the year jg pageaus contract is up

What would islanders be looking for? Just cap freedom mostly if possible?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Look at how many teams talk about goalie issues. Sorokin didn't have a very good season but you want to kick him to the moon? That just doesn't make sense right now. He's a goalie that can steal you games. I don't see you using that money on some big, young fish coming back.

Horvat just signed. He's not being traded. Barzal isn't being traded this offseason. You'll have to look at other pieces.

The first step should be to get rid of the scrubs. Not get rid of your best pieces to start a tear-down.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Anaheim wouldn’t need retention we have plenty of cap space until the year jg pageaus contract is up

The LA avatar threw me off lol.

Yes, most likely just cap freedom. A 1st would be far to rich for ANA's blood considering how high they could (don't yell at me for that assumption) be picking in the draft.

Maybe Isles would ask for the 2024 BOS 2nd?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Anaheim is the type of team that should be looking to pick up vets with minimal term. Henrique and Silf are no longer around up front. Will have rookie Gauthier, 2nd year Carlson, 3rd year MacTavish and Zegras up front who needs work on his overall game.

If the Isles are trying to change up the mix of their roster it’s not going to cost a first for any of them.

Caps even if Oshie lands on ltir, don’t see them using his and Backstrom ltir room to hand out 5 year plus term contracts to anyone. They may take a short term player to help Ovy get the goals record.

To be bottom 3 in the nhl means finishing with 65 or fewer points.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The LA avatar threw me off lol.

Yes, most likely just cap freedom. A 1st would be far to rich for ANA's blood considering how high they could (don't yell at me for that assumption) be picking in the draft.

Maybe Isles would ask for the 2024 BOS 2nd?
That’s kinda where my head was at (was using bjorkstand trade as a reference point)

Bos 2nd
Or
2 3rds(this year we have sj Pitt and ours which are all kinda high 3rds) , 1 this year 1 next year.

Or if they wanted a warm body we have a few rfas we prob won’t keep around…. Lundestrom, max Jones, vaakanainen. Maybe leason.

But again I’m not super familiar with islanders situation… other than cap space is prob valuable and they could use some picks/prospects going forward

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
That’s kinda where my head was at (was using bjorkstand trade as a reference point)

Bos 2nd
Or
2 3rds(this year we have sj Pitt and ours which are all kinda high 3rds) , 1 this year 1 next year.

Or if they wanted a warm body we have a few rfas we prob won’t keep around…. Lundestrom, max Jones, vaakanainen. Maybe leason.

But again I’m not super familiar with islanders situation… other than cap space is prob valuable and they could use some picks/prospects going forward
I would shy away from the warm bodies (we got too many already) and land somewhere on the BOS 2nd or the 2 3rds.

Either would suffice, cap relief at Center is the main goal and stocking some picks for the prospect pool comes second. I think many Isles fans would be happy with that outcome.

He's fallen off from what he used to provide, but he's still a solid 3C, especially at the dot.

:thumbu:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would shy away from the warm bodies (we got too many already) and land somewhere on the BOS 2nd or the 2 3rds.

Either would suffice, cap relief at Center is the main goal and stocking some picks for the prospect pool comes second. I think many Isles fans would be happy with that outcome.

He's fallen off from what he used to provide, but he's still a solid 3C, especially at the dot.

:thumbu:
Ya I think for Anaheim it’s about face off and penalty killers…. Even if he’s pushed down to 4c…. It’s a good weapon to have.

And our cap won’t start to be an issue until the year after his contract is up

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Ya I think for Anaheim it’s about face off and penalty killers…. Even if he’s pushed down to 4c…. It’s a good weapon to have.

And our cap won’t start to be an issue until the year after his contract is up
wwe-handshake.gif

Let's make a deal, brother.

Reactions: nyscene

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Going to channel my inner Bern….

1 conditional 3rd, 4 4th’s, 6 6ths, , Goodrow @9% and 39 months of free soda to the Isles team for Barzal @50%.
Add a 2036 7th and i think this goes through

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Islanders have to have a complete rebuild, everyone outside of Dobson should be for sale, what is the value of Sorokin, Barzal, Horvat, etc. anyone else on the Isles roster is for sale

Or- hear me out- they trade for Marner.

Dude will be dirt cheap and will want outta Toronto, he makes the roster viable again for one season where they weren’t winning the cup anyways. Boom, deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad