Injury Report: Islanders Injuries Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PhoenixDog

Flamer for Life !!!
Aug 12, 2006
Calgary, AB
Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday · 5h 5 hours ago

Okposo and Cizikas skated today at IceWorks, first time on the ice for both.

KO must be getting closer. I'd susupect he'll be back closer to mid-month vs. end of month

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He told the equipment manager he wanted #91.
Smash/ crash/ BAAM / Boom/ like the old batman show on TV.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
So whats deal with KO? No timetable? I know he skated once, how does he feel? Surprised Staple not all over this. Isles need him.

he skated the day the Isles took off on the road trip - Monday. Staple is on the road with the team and probably has no idea about anything Okposo since they flew out Monday afternoon.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
He'll be back within the next 3 weeks. I'd guess he returns the 17th against Chicago or the 21st against the devils.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Do we know what was officially wrong with Okposo this whole time?

I understand not announcing some injuries (knee, shoulder, elbow) because someone on the other team might take a shot at it but this Okposo thing should have been announced as to what it actually is. I mean nobody is going around trying to poke someone in the eyes Three Stooges style.

scott99

May 13, 2005
He'll be back within the next 3 weeks. I'd guess he returns the 17th against Chicago or the 21st against the devils.

Man do we need Okposo back. team has not been the same since he's gone. Lee has done a fantastic job, but it would be so much more lethal to have Lee AND Okposo in the lineup.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Glad that Cizikas might be back, but this thing with Kennedy is absurd. How does the guy come on the ice for morning practice, is written into the lineup is joking around with his new teammates with that I look like a million bucks line he used, then he suddenly and mysteriously is injured, pulled out of the lineup last minute and now being sent back to LI for evaluation. If this guy is injured, there has to be some recourse for the Isles, no? I know it is just a 7th round pick, but there are 17 games left in the season, if he is not even AVAILABLE to ever play, why should we have had to give up anything for him?

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
Glad that Cizikas might be back, but this thing with Kennedy is absurd. How does the guy come on the ice for morning practice, is written into the lineup is joking around with his new teammates with that I look like a million bucks line he used, then he suddenly and mysteriously is injured, pulled out of the lineup last minute and now being sent back to LI for evaluation. If this guy is injured, there has to be some recourse for the Isles, no? I know it is just a 7th round pick, but there are 17 games left in the season, if he is not even AVAILABLE to ever play, why should we have had to give up anything for him?

Depends when he was injured. Before trade, Houston we have a problem. After trade, the Eagle has landed.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
This is embarrassing.

how is it embarrassing? he clearly tweaked something during game day...

brett connolly broke a finger in is first practice w/ boston and his out 6 weeks...is that embarrassing too?

i dont know what is difficult to comprehend for everyone...he was fine for the morning skate and then mentioned he wasnt feeling right.....non-athletes hurt themselves as well....you dont have to be playing a professional sport to injure yourself

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
how is it embarrassing? he clearly tweaked something during game day...

brett connolly broke a finger in is first practice w/ boston and his out 6 weeks...is that embarrassing too?

i dont know what is difficult to comprehend for everyone...he was fine for the morning skate and then mentioned he wasnt feeling right.....non-athletes hurt themselves as well....you dont have to be playing a professional sport to injure yourself

Ummmm, Staple just tweeted it was a pre-existing condition from before the deadline. This guy has probably been injured the whole season and that is why he only played 25 games. The Isles should absolutely look into having this deal voided. It is ridiculous.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County

SJ should actually owe more than the 7th rounder due to the opportunity cost. If Snow wanted to add a F to the NHL squad his window has now passed because of this.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Ummmm, Staple just tweeted it was a pre-existing condition from before the deadline. This guy has probably been injured the whole season and that is why he only played 25 games. The Isles should absolutely look into having this deal voided. It is ridiculous.

It's a 7th round pick, no team does physicals on deadline day, its buyer beware.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad