GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
I don't think Nemec is an expendable piece.

Mercer MAY be, but I'm not quite ready to say he is. I think he's maybe not a core piece, but wouldn't say expendable.

We wish expendable was a word we could use for Palat. He's a complete detriment at this point.

Dougie and Palat are the two I'd like to move ASAP.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
I mean that's just not true.

TB won in 2020 with a 24 year old Point, 27 year old Kuch, 29 year old Hedman, 26 year old Vasi, 23 year old Cirelli. Then add a year for 2021.

Colorado - 23 year old Makar, 27 year old MacKinnon, 25 year old Rantanen, 28 year old Toews, 27 year old Nichushkin, 29 year old Landeskog

Panthers - 28 year old Barkov, 26 year old Tkachuk, 28 year old Verhaeghe, 28 year old Reinhart, 27 year old Forsling

The Knights are the only one of the recent Cup winers on the older side. The ages of this core should mean contenders. This is no longer some young plucky team. They're all in their peak years.
Nothing about those ages you listed says my post isnt accurate lol; the best player on each team was 27-28

Im not sure I understand, but its late so Ill just leave it at that. Too much energy from a third loss in a row it feels

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dougie and Palat are the two I'd like to move ASAP.
Dougie? Still to be decided.

Palat was a bust all the way through. Not one season of even 40 points. I thought maybe we'd get a 50-60 point season or two out of him.

Dougie will become bad before his contract ends, it's just a question of when and I'm not sure we're quite there yet.

The 2nd goal and OT goals collectively I put on Dougie just as much as Allen. I wouldn't even say Sorokin was the difference maker. As I said earlier it's not like he was making these out of this world saves. We were just missing great chances.
I agree with you. Sorokin didn't really have to stand on his head.

The biggest difference was he didn't allow any I thought he shouldn't have, but Allen allowed that really nasty second goal.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Just stop that the team was soft then and irs not slow now

At least we stood up for ourselves while getting a L in Detroit because of it, hope those 2 points don't come back to bite us. Such a joke that people here don't understand the difference between playing hard like Florida does and being absolute morons. And they're not slow? LMAO, the Islanders were keeping pace with them tonight, the team that we've mocked for years with how Lou has roster designed them

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011

Palat was a bust all the way through. Not one season of even 40 points. I thought maybe we'd get a 50-60 point season or two out of him.

Dougie will become bad before his contract ends, it's just a question of when and I'm not sure we're quite there yet.

His biggest attribute is his shot but his speed is very concerning.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

The biggest difference was he didn't allow any I thought he shouldn't have, but Allen allowed that really nasty second goal.

Yet people will say he was worth it cause of the game 7 assist to McLeod (LOL), the two most unlikable Devils in the past 3-5 years for different reasons

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011

Come on now, my friend. He brings “veteran leadership.” Hahaha…..Palot stinks. It’s not their primary problem but this team needs another legit top 6 winger.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Fitz needs to convince Palat to go spend time with his children and go on IR. He is 100% finished.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I mean that's just not true.

TB won in 2020 with a 24 year old Point, 27 year old Kuch, 29 year old Hedman, 26 year old Vasi, 23 year old Cirelli. Then add a year for 2021.

Colorado - 23 year old Makar, 27 year old MacKinnon, 25 year old Rantanen, 28 year old Toews, 27 year old Nichushkin, 29 year old Landeskog

Panthers - 28 year old Barkov, 26 year old Tkachuk, 28 year old Verhaeghe, 28 year old Reinhart, 27 year old Forsling

The Knights are the only one of the recent Cup winers on the older side. The ages of this core should mean contenders. This is no longer some young plucky team. They're all in their peak years.

Have to wonder if it’ll take a few years until Luke and Simon are hitting their upper echelon for this team to really hit its stride. Of course factor in Casey and Silayev as well. Our top picks on D are offset in terms of age compared to Hischier, Hughes, and Bratt up front. Those 4 on D will be the key to this team truly being contenders. The hope is in the meantime there’s enough veteran support on the backend to allow the kids to grow into their roles while competing with what we have up front currently

Reactions: Devs3cups

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Almost like their depth is shot to hell with grinders and muckers because the management bought the bullshit the fanbase was saying being too soft to play with and they neutered their biggest asset as a team in 22-23
The muckers and grinders are scoring all of our goals. Cotter, Noesen and Haula have scored a 1/3 of this teams goals.

Reactions: Mgd31

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The muckers and grinders are scoring all of our goals. Cotter, Noesen and Haula have scored a 1/3 of this teams goals.

Haula was on that team 22/23, I don't have an issue with him in the bottom 6. Cotter, sure, I'll eat crow on that trade. Noesen was always a good signing (that's the mold of player they should be signing regardless). I'm talking about the 4th line consistently being abysmal and the 6M man being a void in the lineup. Lazar was a 13F in 22/23 and now he's a regular, they had guys like Shara/Boqvist, who are NHL regulars now and complimented the team of that year, in the press box if they wanted to. People underrated how good that NJ team truly was and we just expected it to be ho-hum year to year.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I really thought Mercer would be a consistent 25-30 goal player. The eye test tells me that he struggles to finish. That weak breakaway move was yet another example to me. Maybe it’s a case of me (and others) overrating our own players. Seth Jarvis he is not.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I really thought Mercer would be a consistent 25-30 goal player. The eye test tells me that he struggles to finish. That weak breakaway move was yet another example to me. Maybe it’s a case of me (and others) overrating our own players. Seth Jarvis he is not.

I really don't think it's overrating our own players. He was promising prospect with a promising rookie and sophomore year. It made sense to believe in a guy like that. Then he decided to suck. I mean sure the people that though we could move Bratt because of him yeah those people were vastly overrating him but I don't think the majority of people were there. I think the majority of people saw that 25-30 goal supporting two way winger which was a reasonable expectation. Might still end up being that one day but he's far from it the past couple of years.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I really don't think it's overrating our own players. He was promising prospect with a promising rookie and sophomore year. It made sense to believe in a guy like that. Then he decided to suck.

He played well enough at that age to expect him to become better but he just stagnated. I used to say Baby Parise early on but he's turning into a worse Palmieri now. Too streaky of a player to consider a part of your core

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
1729909393843.png

1729909408374.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad