GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The Isles are having real problems scoring so far. Hopefully the NJ goaltending will not be the cure for what ails them.
You can guarantee in the usual course of things that they'll pot 5 tonight. They also own us in Newark similar to Toronto, so I'm sure this will be fun.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think a large chunk of both fan bases will be tuning out at about 8:08. We play today, we win today, das it.

YUP. My anxiety is ramping up by the hour lol.
IMG_5041.jpeg

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
i think it’s time we see Noesen in top 6, i would be down to try him with Jack. bratt and jack together are great in transition and when they have the puck but they’re really not cutting it on the boards.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
I'm all aboard the #exilerogalski train, but I also have a hard time comprehending how Rogalski can be so bad at his job that it gravely affects our goaltending. What is he specifically telling our goalies to do that is so rotten?
I have a theory on this, but it's probably wrong and stupid so I won't say it.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm all aboard the #exilerogalski train, but I also have a hard time comprehending how Rogalski can be so bad at his job that it gravely affects our goaltending. What is he specifically telling our goalies to do that is so rotten?
He should have been fired after last year.

I'm not sure how much a mid-season goalie coach change would help things, it's probably too late.

And mid-season goalie coaching changes usually don't happen, but if any team should do one it's us. It shouldn't even have to be done, because it SHOULD have been done in the offseason. We may as well have given Ruff another chance with the new pieces (Since he was under contract anyway) if we were gonna give Rogalski another chance with new goalies.

I remember when DeBoer got fired by the Sharks, they then fired his right hand man assistant Steve Spott, as well as Johan Hedberg, who was their goalie coach. He was hired as goalie coach the same summer they hired DeBoer to be head coach.

So you could have really justified firing Rogalski WITH Ruff back in March, but they didn't even fire any of the assistants or other coaches at all.

I wonder what Rogalski's contract situation is like? Was he given a 3 year deal with Ruff in 2020, then got the option year for last season, then got extended with Ruff (this year and potentially next) to a ''Multi-year'' deal? Imagine if his contract was in 2024 and we re-upped him this offseason lol.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

LGD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad