Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 7 7:30pm 4/27/15 (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL MUST READ)

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Obligatory

j7O3OIy.png

it's your fault we lost last game :sarcasm:

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
I know the Caps will likely lose since it's a game 7 and all that, but wouldn't it be glorious in Wilson got the game winner? And I don't mean the deflection off of self into own net game winner.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Game 7 is where you want your stars to step up. If 8 no shows we don't have a chance. This is where 8 and 19 need to shine. No excuses.

+1

Especially with The Trotz getting last line change. Means he should be able to get 8 and 19 out against the inexperienced Isles D. No excuses.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Game 7 is where you want your stars to step up. If 8 no shows we don't have a chance. This is where 8 and 19 need to shine. No excuses.

We need someone to step up and I really don't care who it is. Last time we won a game 7 it was Hendricks and Ward scoring the goals.

It would be nice if 8 or 19 were the ones to do it but I'm not expecting much from them.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Maybe split Ovie and Backstrom up again? That means one of them will always get a d pair that most likely can't handle them.

But in all seriousness folks, the Caps will lose. Is that so bad? Whomever wins this series gets to play the Rangers. Rangers will wipe the floor with either of these teams.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
But in all seriousness folks, the Caps will lose. Is that so bad? Whomever wins this series gets to play the Rangers. Rangers will wipe the floor with either of these teams.

Loser mentality. When one team is better than the other it's not the end of the world. It's normal.

You can still show up and fight. Those who fight sometimes win. Not that rarely actually.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Maybe split Ovie and Backstrom up again? That means one of them will always get a d pair that most likely can't handle them.

Anything can happen.

blokeyhighlander

June = :cupnana:
Oct 9, 2009
NC
One of these teams will go on tilt early, probably whoever gets scored on first. I'm guessing Isles come out flying and we come out flat, so Holtby is going to need to steal the game early, and we'll need to score on a turnover or some dumb luck. Pregame interviews should tell it all - if we seem tentative and reserved and giving the normal cliches, we're screwed.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Betting with the heart is not always a wise endeavor. You'd think I would hedge, but nope. Full glorious victory, or quality time on the ledge late pondering life as a caps fan.

I love Latta but if he isn't agitating, he is not always best for our lineup. I am thinking Glengarry GlenCross will be shot out of a cannon. Someone better be, or else i am going to want Trotz launched.

DCorNothing

Apr 24, 2015
Northern Virginia
Tonight is so important for Ovechkin's legacy, like it or not. A fourth first-round exit in seven playoffs isn't something he'll be able to recover from without winning a Cup.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Tonight is so important for Ovechkin's legacy, like it or not. A fourth first-round exit in seven playoffs isn't something he'll be able to recover from without winning a Cup.

Not only that, but a loss tonight would bring the Caps' Game 7 record (in the Ovechkin era) to 2-6. With a 1-5 record at home.

That is...miserable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad