Islanders 2018/19 Prospect Rankings - #12

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Islanders #12 Prospect?

• Jenkins, Blade - C (2018: 134th OVR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mirageas, Benjamin - D (2017: 77th OVR)

• Salo, Robin - D (2017: 46th OVR)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Rathgeb is gonna be the first call up and run with it

I could see Rathgeb jumping Aho on the depth chart because of his size and handedness, but I still think Toews is the first defenseman called up, unless he makes the team out of camp.

Doesn’t neccesarily mean he has the highest upside, they may just see him as the best fit on the third pairing.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I could see Rathgeb jumping Aho on the depth chart because of his size and handedness, but I still think Toews is the first defenseman called up, unless he makes the team out of camp.

Doesn’t neccesarily mean he has the highest upside, they may just see him as the best fit on the third pairing.

And he has the highest upside...

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Over Aho? I have never seen Rathgeb play so I can’t comment.

Having seen all three play in various pro leagues, I think Toews has the BEST tools and the brightest head for the game. This tells me that he has the best upside.

This does not disuade from the other two as also being players with real NHL possibilities.

Aho already showed how close he is. His biggest problem is the lack of high-end speed and naturally a size that won't allow him to compete with some stronger opponents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad