Islanders 2018/19 Prospect Rankings - #1

Who is the Islanders #1 Prospect?

• Aho, Sebastian - D (2017: 139th OVR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soderstrom, Linus - G (2014: 95th OVR)

• Vande Sompel, Mitchell - D (2015: 82nd OVR)

• Wilde, Bode - D (2018: 41st OVR)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Well, I'm either an idiot, or fall victim to not being a member long enough to participate in the polling threads I guess, because I can't figure out how to place my vote. >.< :help:

I couldn't find anything in a cursory look at the Terms of Service and Rules that might indicate being a member for a certain period as prerequisite to participation in polling. :huh:

If I could vote though, I would go with Dobson because of the upside value of a true potential top line defender and I would add Iskhakov.

a probation period to vote in a poll? Please tell me this is an NHL thing and not strictly an Islander rule. I was wondering why my vote wasn't counting up top

If you newer posters can't vote in polls yet because you're on "probation" from voting or whatever, just mention you're not allowed to vote in the thread and I'll count your votes towards the overall totals.

Reactions: nyisleslover

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
If you newer posters can't vote in polls yet because you're on "probation" from voting or whatever, just mention you're not allowed to vote in the thread and I'll count your votes towards the overall totals.

Newbie on probation. Joined this site close to the deadline with the hope of positive inside information regarding Pajama Boy's decision, only to realize he was rewarding his old franchise with complete silence because blah blah blah selfish blah blah boyhood dream blah blah blah I'm a prick blah blah blah tough decision blah.

Anyways,

Sorokin.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Went with Wahlstrom, add Koivula.

I think it’s a clear tossup between Wahlstrom and Dobson but I just value the offense Wahlstrom brings more. Very much a 1A and 1B situation and I think Sorokin and Bellows are going to be a 2A and 2B situation.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Looking like we have 3 blue chippers in Whal, Dob, and Ilya. I hope LL is recruiting Ilya now.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Wahlstrom. stud. nuff said.

add Rathgeb. they are giving him max. amount ELC for a reason. granted, it was Snow who signed him, but he really impressed me at rookie camp.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Super surprised the majority is Wahlstrom over Dobson with such a wide margin.

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
I am a nube so my unauthorized vote: Dobson

(my apologies for the redundancy, I mentioned it in my first post but it hadn't been added to the count yet)

Please add: Iskhakov

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Super surprised the majority is Wahlstrom over Dobson with such a wide margin.

My guess is Wahlstrom is winning by a large margin for 2 reasons

1 (this is the less likely reason but) optics of being 11 instead of 12 make him look like he is 1 better

2 Offense stands out more then defense(while Dobson has nice stats, Wahlstroms really stand out big time)

Reactions: PWJunior

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Went with Dobson, simply because of the questions about Sorokin coming over.

Dobson really excites me though. Future #1 D-man in the league. Maybe not Doughty-Hedman level, but the next step down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad