Is this Kirby Dach's Year? (BBD Watch)

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Before he got injuried, Dach looked like he was going to play like Slafkovsky played for the second half of last season.

Big body that nobody can reach which means he's extremely good on puck protection. Also has a solid IQ. He just has to stay healthy, he already showed he can be a very good player.
Dach fan but disagree with much of this. He’s not strong on the puck and leaves himself open to taking big hits.
Not my idea of a high IQ player.

He has some skills though and if sheltered by being with better players (like he was last year) he can be productive.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Frankly, I think his future is more as a rangier but slower Philip Danault than about being a offensive dynamo.

Which is ... pretty good all things considered.

He's also called Curvy Duck sometimes. A typo happens so quickly...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kirby Dach is on the verge of a stellar breakout year, and it couldn't come at a better time. After dealing with more injuries than a piñata at a kids' birthday party, Dach's finally primed to show everyone what he's made of. Welcome to the Big Boy Decade (BBD), where size matters, and Dach's got plenty of it. He's spent the off-season pumping iron and sharpening his skills, looking more like a tank on skates than ever before.

But it's not just about the brawn; Dach's mental game has leveled up too. After fighting through injury setbacks, he's developed the resilience of a rubber band and the focus of a cat watching a laser pointer. With a newfound confidence and a supportive team backing him up, he's geared up to dazzle fans and leave opponents in the dust. This is Kirby Dach's year to shine in the BBD, and he's about to make the hockey world sit up and take notice with a blend of power, skill, and a sprinkle of sheer determination. Get ready for a season where Dach is the name on everyone's lips—just make sure you spell it right!
I'm pretty sure a cat with a laser pointer could injure Kirby. Him and his brother Colton are both made out of glass.

Reactions: Space umpire

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Dach like Danault? What?

How do you even get to that comparison?
It's not the greatest comparison, because they're stylistically different.

I couldn't come up with a 6'4, 2-Way (but oriented towards defense) Center whose offensive game would've revolve more around playmaking and creating chances for others than about doing that for himself.

I guess Charlie Coyle with a better defensive game or Sean Couturier with lesser goalscoring would've been better comps.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Dach fan but disagree with much of this. He’s not strong on the puck and leaves himself open to taking big hits.
Not my idea of a high IQ player.

He has some skills though and if sheltered by being with better players (like he was last year) he can be productive.

He is extremely strong on the puck now.

Reactions: BigM2

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I guess it depends what qualifies as “his year”

Is hitting 50 points, his year or are we talking like ppg player status?
He was pacing for 54 points the year before at 21 also while being a very small sample size he was our best forward during training camp and by far our best forward (even better than Suzuki) for the first 5 period of the season.

If Dach stay healthy and only hit 50 next year then I will consider this a bad season. He will probably land between 60-70.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
All these wordy ChatGPT posts across the Internet are driving me insane.

Edit: Do people realize that the OP is obviously just copy/pasted from ChatGPT (or similar) or can people not see that?
What's Chatgpt?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He's just not that guy, mentally. I don't think he'll ever get there. He'll be a good player, 50-60 points if he can ever stay healthy, but I don't see him blowing up.

Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I like Dach but predictions of 70 points are pretty wild. He hasn't played a ton of hockey and it's not uncommon for guys to take a season after a major injury to even feel close to normal. Time off before returning is so dedicated to rehabbing an injury, it takes patience to get back to just where that player was before. Rooting for him and Montreal as a whole but a healthy season and 45 - 50 points is a nice prediction for a young player, coming back from a significant injury on a rebuilding team.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
To be a contender, Montreal would need him to center the 1st line with Slafkovsky and Demidov.

Not sure they would achieve it with Suzuki and Caufield on their 1st

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
The way he broke is wrist and broke is knee sliding on the bench scare me a lot. I hope he is not a glass man but ........

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
If the dude can stay away from injuries...he definitely could. But that's a BIG if.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
For a guy who's best production of his entire career being 38 points in 53 games it doesn't seem like he's worth talking about especially after getting hurt for a whole season after being touted as big boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad