Is there a team with a worse goaltending situation than the Sens?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Waive a perfectly capable 4th liner, under contract for next year, and most likley lose him ............ just to give a goaltender, probably three years away from the NHL, a looksee?

That would not be worth it. He needs a minimum two complete seasons in the AHL, as the starter, before he gets a "looksee game".

Not that I'm interested in bringing up Hogberg, but Dumont personifies the type of 4th liner that gets waived. He'll likely get waived at the start of next year anyways when we start the season. He doesn't really have much of a future with the team, he's a warm body.

We have guys like Paul, Chlapik, and White who can fill his spot in the lineup right now, and Brown and Formenton will be pushing for roster spots next year too. Dumont's fate is AHL bound next year if this team has any common sense.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Not that I'm interested in bringing up Hogberg, but Dumont personifies the type of 4th liner that gets waived. He'll likely get waived at the start of next year anyways when we start the season. He doesn't really have much of a future with the team, he's a warm body.

We have guys like Paul, Chlapik, and White who can fill his spot in the lineup right now, and Brown and Formenton will be pushing for roster spots next year too. Dumont's fate is AHL bound next year if this team has any common sense.

Cost the team nothing to acquire him, fills in adequately on the fourth line, and makes AHL money next year in Belleville (if still with the team) and if needed can be called up.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Sign Kudobin or Ward this offseason then trade Andy or Condon. Hogberg is probably a few years away.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
For me its been the top 6 ,they just havent gotten the job done.We rarely have the puck,and when we do our top 6 does nothing with it...The defense and goaltending carried this weak group last season,and it looks worn out

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Since Hogberg is splitting starts with 3 other goalies, why not just call him up and start him tonight? Can't be worse than the two we got going right now.

I'm always amazed by this line of thinking.

Sign Kudobin or Ward this offseason then trade Andy or Condon. Hogberg is probably a few years away.

If theres a problem with Anderson and Condon, Kudobin or Ward is not going to fix that problem.

Reactions: topshelf15

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Kudhobin is good
Could shake things up in our brain dead goaltending department

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I'm always amazed by this line of thinking.

Why? I am quite amazed by your line of thinking, I guess you think status quo is acceptable? Having 2 goaltenders that have sub 900 save percentage is not good enough. My comment was very "sky is falling", but really one of Taylor, Hogberg or Dreidger can't be any worse than the 2 guys we got going now. Even if it's worse, maybe it lights a fire under Andy and/or Condon and gets them going.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
For me its been the top 6 ,they just havent gotten the job done.We rarely have the puck,and when we do our top 6 does nothing with it...The defense and goaltending carried this weak group last season,and it looks worn out

lmao the f*** how do you come up to that conclusion. Everyone in our top 6 is on pace for career year or career average.

lol you expect us to win with the lowest scoring bottom 6 and the worst goaltending in the league?

How in the hell do you blame the top 6 for our season before even looking at our goal tending, defense and out depth.

Reactions: Chezzz

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
lmao the **** how do you come up to that conclusion. Everyone in our top 6 is on pace for career year or career average.

lol you expect us to win with the lowest scoring bottom 6 and the worst goaltending in the league?

How in the hell do you blame the top 6 for our season before even looking at our goal tending, defense and out depth.
Are u watching the same team??We never do anything on the forecheck,we suck at puck possession ,we lose board battles all over the ice .All we do is one and done then defend again,there is no cycle or wearing down the oposition defenders with this group.Its either we score off the rush or get hemmed in our dzone

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Are u watching the same team??We never do anything on the forecheck,we suck at puck possession ,we lose board battles all over the ice .All we do is one and done then defend again,there is no cycle or wearing down the oposition defenders with this group.Its either we score off the rush or get hemmed in our dzone

Seems more like more of a coaching issue or an issue with "the system" than an issue with our top 6.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Seems more like more of a coaching issue or an issue with "the system" than an issue with our top 6.
Its been what 4 coaches??Look there are some good pieces here,but the mix isnt right.We need a skilled board man, like Macarther was for us ,or two.We just cant seem to impose our will in the O zone for long enough,to create much of anything.This has a carry over in the Dzone as we just spend far too much time there

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

HAHAHAHA are you blind? Are you watching the team? Are you watching some sub .900SV% goaltending out there, are you watching our defense hemmed in our zone for hours, are you watching our bottom 6 being played played 6-10 min without contributing anything other than being slow and old, are you watching this team not being ready for the 2nd period?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why? I am quite amazed by your line of thinking, I guess you think status quo is acceptable? Having 2 goaltenders that have sub 900 save percentage is not good enough. My comment was very "sky is falling", but really one of Taylor, Hogberg or Dreidger can't be any worse than the 2 guys we got going now. Even if it's worse, maybe it lights a fire under Andy and/or Condon and gets them going.

I don't think status quo is acceptable, I haven't liked where the team has been over the last two months but I do believe in the guys here, especially Anderson. And yes Taylor, Hogberg or Dreidger can be a lot worse than the 2 guys we got going now, especially with the way the team has played over the last couple months.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016

They are definitely worse.
Belleville has given up more goals than any other AHL team.
Taylor, Hogberg and Driedger are all at or below an .885 save percentage against AHL shooters.
Stick with Anderson/Condon enjoy "The Tank" (while playing NHL goalies so it's not so obviously a tank, I'm looking at you Buffalo 2015) and cross your fingers for a good lottery result.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Taylor, Hogberg and Driedger are all at or below an .885 save percentage against AHL shooters.
Stick with Anderson/Condon enjoy "The Tank" (while playing NHL goalies so it's not so obviously a tank, I'm looking at you Buffalo 2015) and cross your fingers for a good lottery result.

Its so nice to have Leafs fans drop in uninvited.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Looking in the mirror?

Better kiss Bettman's ring for the gift you got with your deliberate tank and shuffle.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What's with the Leafs? Are they really the so desired "model"? They are on pace for 96 points... The last time they had such a "good season" was 2003-04 lol (pro-rated 97 pts in 2012-13)

Since then, the Sens had 6 seasons with 96 pts or better, like last year and 3 years ago.

They also didn't win a single playoffs series since they beat the Sens in 2003-04. Sens won 7 playoffs series since then and went through a rebuild as well while being on a much more modest financial budget

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Dumont should get waived now imo.. or traded if that is a remote possibility.. He can open a spot for different AHL players to come up and playout this year. Even McCormick can get a couple games. Speaking of McCormick he is on a one way next year. What happens with him? Is he an automagic 4th liner to start.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dumont should get waived now imo.. or traded if that is a remote possibility.. He can open a spot for different AHL players to come up and playout this year. Even McCormick can get a couple games. Speaking of McCormick he is on a one way next year. What happens with him? Is he an automagic 4th liner to start.

I suspect he'll get the same treatment as Puempel and Prince got, though I suppose Paul, if re-signed, would be waiver eligible too, so unless both crack the team (unlikely) one will get waived and exposed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What's with the Leafs? Are they really the so desired "model"? They are on pace for 96 points... The last time they had such a "good season" was 2003-04 lol (pro-rated 97 pts in 2012-13)

Since then, the Sens had 6 seasons with 96 pts or better, like last year and 3 years ago.

They also didn't win a single playoffs series since they beat the Sens in 2003-04. Sens won 7 playoffs series since then and went through a rebuild as well while being on a much more modest financial budget

The model people want to emulate has nothing to do with 2003-04 to 2015, it's all about what they've done since hiring Babcock. They've traded of vets, collected picks, tanked for a high pick, drafted the next generation, and doing pretty well. It's the upward trend their on, and the projection of their young roster that people like, not their decade prior to actually changing the model they employ.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The model people want to emulate has nothing to do with 2003-04 to 2015, it's all about what they've done since hiring Babcock. They've traded of vets, collected picks, tanked for a high pick, drafted the next generation, and doing pretty well. It's the upward trend their on, and the projection of their young roster that people like, not their decade prior to actually changing the model they employ.
More since they hired Shanahan.. who hired Babcock and Lou and Hunter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad