Is there a fantasy pool that includes advanced stats? If not who wants to start one?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
i find it strange that it doesn’t exist .. what categories would you include along with the usual fantasy numbers?

Probably swap out +/- for xG%, etc?

Why exactly? The websites that run fantasy leagues (yahoo, fantrax) are set up for mainstream stats. I'd expect the amount of coding and upkeep required to incorporate advanced stats wouldn't be worthwhile weighted against the amount of fans that would use it.

It also becomes a subjective stat inheritley. Each website or analytic writer have a slightly different model that tracks the same stats.

Reactions: Michael Farkas

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Why exactly? The websites that run fantasy leagues (yahoo, fantrax) are set up for mainstream stats. I'd expect the amount of coding and upkeep required to incorporate advanced stats wouldn't be worthwhile weighted against the amount of fans that would use it.

It also becomes a subjective stat inheritley. Each website or analytic writer have a slightly different model that tracks the same stats.
You think adding 3-4 categories would be too exhaustive? And the why is subjective I suppose. You could also agree to use either Moneypuck or Natural ST. There’s not a gulf of difference that I’ve noticed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad