Is the nhl dropping the ball on mcdavid?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
There seems to be no no hockey media interviews , no hype etc.. for mcdavid. You got your biggest star on NATIONAL tv yet the nhl still doesn’t seem to market him.

Oct 18, 2011
There seems to be no no hockey media interviews , no hype etc.. for mcdavid. You got your biggest star on NATIONAL tv yet the nhl still doesn’t seem to market him.
I hate to tell you this but there isn't much interest in Edmonton hockey south of the border, combine that with Mcdavid is a pretty subdued personality I'm not sure how much more you could market him

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Suggestions:

1. McDavid should be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine

2. Whenever McDavid's not on the ice, the other players should be saying "Where's McDavid?"

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
why do hockey fans care so much , talk about inferiority complex , its a niche sport that 75% of humans on earth don't even know exists and couldn't even play if they wanted to. :laugh:

Just enjoy the sport.

The *sucks at marketing their stars* thing is such an hilarious complaint to me. Who the hell is going to relate to McDavid aside from suburban hockey community kids :laugh:

Anybody that already has interest in hockey knows who McDavid is , you aren't attracting many new fans by simply stapling his face everywhere

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Did you not watch the Rogers Sportsnet broadcasts? They exclusively spoke about him for 99% of the time.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
The NHL dropped the ball when they let him go to a team located near the North Pole.

Should have rigged the lottery back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad