Is Nikita Kucherov a Generational Talent? (Based on his NHL Career)

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I guess Peter Stastny was generational since he was second only to Gretzky in the 80’s, Gretzky’s peak.
How many Art Ross trophies did Peter Stasny win over Gretzky or Lemieux?
As the answer is zero, he is an utterly irrelevant comparison.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If the OP would tell us their definition of 'Generational talent', we could better answer the question. I've heard more than the obvious definition for the term from others. Maybe we should establish what the term means, at least on these boards so folks don't go and get confused about it?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Doesn’t matter if he’s viewed as generational or not by message board posters. He’s a two time Stanley Cup Champion, Conn Smythe and Art Ross trophy winner. Guy is a Winner and that’s all that matters.
You are coming on a message board to message people on the message board that messaging on a message board is irrelevant?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think one of the prerequisites to being a generational talent is the pre draft/pre NHL hype surrounding the player, so some of the narrative is definitely media driven. Orr, Mario, Lindros, Crosby would all fit this, as they had the hype and performance once they made it to justify being generational.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad